by Joshnaz 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

My Jehovah Witness parents spent the week with me at my house. When I suggested to watch a movie with them I thought we would watch the movie "Avatar" I got on blue ray. They were so shocked as they waved their hands in front of them saying, "No way! That's Demonic and from Satan!" I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness for 20 years and have not been to the kingdom hall for 12 years, but to me Avatar is no more different than "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" and we watched those when I was a kid. Can anyone explain this?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Can anyone explain this?

Did you hear? The Smurfs are demonic.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Yeah but after new light they say their not.

• journey-on
    journey-on

My JW sister who is about as fanatical a witness as they come went to see it and loved it! Some people just don't understand the concept that it's just a movie.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

My parents are in thier 70's. They might think just watching a movie is demonized. LOL!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

They are giant smurfs. Therefore demonized.

BTS

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Did you hear a Avatar was sitting at the Kingdom Hall and stood up said a couple of swears and then burst into flames!! HAHAHAHA!

• cantleave
    cantleave

In the UK their is appears no such demonisation of the film.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Aparently its not here either except in the minds of my mother and father!

• undercover
    undercover

Well, the reasons might be goofy, but at least they didn't waste two hours of what's left of their life on it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit