This is sickening and disturbing to think that American soldiers did this.

by StoneWall 57 Replies latest social current

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

When I first read over this on MSNBC news today, It was truly morbid of just one soldier to do something like this.

But to think that 12 are being implicated tells you how truly sick a lot in the U.S. Forces are.

What is the difference between what they did and what Hitlers soldiers did?

Here is the link for the whole article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39380805/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

If this all turns out to be true, I hope they prosecute them as war crimes.

Here is just a partial quote form the article:

Morlock was the first of five soldiers initially charged in June with the murders. Seven others have been charged since then with various other crimes stemming from the investigation, including conspiracy to cover up the slayings.
    Four of the soldiers have been charged with keeping body parts, including finger bones, a skull, leg bones and a human tooth.

It seems if you want to try and get away with murder, just join the armed forces.

This makes me wonder since the whistle blower came forward against the others, how many times does crap like this happen that does get covered over and not brought out.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    how truly sick a lot in the U.S. Forces are

It's actually an extremely tiny fraction of our armed forces who are criminals.

Criminals should be prosecuted. Their actions are inexcusable.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

This is the reality of war, however. These guys are not doing anything that hasn't been done before. Every major war is going to have soliders that degenerate into these practices. It really shouldn't surprise us when these things happen.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Umm LWT it depends on what you call a lot.

I say a lot because if it was just an isolated case would be one thing but for 12 to be involved.

Then don't forget the nice soldiers down in Cuba at the prison down there taking those pictures of the Arab prisoners being humiliated by forcing them to strip nude and taking their pics of them in disturbing situations.

So when i say a lot, I don't mean the majority, cause there is some good guys in the U.S. Forces. I got some cousins and nephews in there.

I mean a lot in the sense way more than I or many others would have figured.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    This is the reality of war, however. These guys are not doing anything that hasn't been done before. Every major war is going to have soliders that degenerate into these practices. It really shouldn't surprise us when these things happen.

brotherdan couldn't this argument be made from every side though. Even Hitlers guys coulda said oh well it's just war. Shit happens.

I know as long as it bothers me, that I'm still human. I fear the day I just accept it. Then I guess I'd be like these guys without human compassion.

Plus you saw what a stink was made over if that preacher down in Fla. had burned those Quran's. That it would only help the terrorist recruit more.

I'd say this will do a lot for their cause over there in getting more to fight the American regime.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

StoneWall your generalizing soldiers based off of this isolated incident. For the record I'm not exactly a pro military kind a guy either.

• Gregor
    Gregor

If these atrocities we indeed committed, you can be sure that the American military will come down on these guys like a ton of bricks. It has happened many times before.

Keep in mind that some of the accusations are not true. Let's give our soldiers the benefit of a trial before we go all hysterical.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I just noticed after reading over the article again that this Morlock soldier that is accused of some of the worst atrocities is from Wasilla,Alaska.

I wonder if Sarah Palin knew of him since she was on the city Council in Wasilla.

If she did know him or his family, I'd be interested to hear her thoughts on this.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I think the reality of war is that in order to survive some folks go over the edge. i work with an old guy who was in vietnam. He comes to work every day with a necklace made of vietcong neck bones around his neck.. Its the only way they can come to grips with killing another human. they have to make them less than human. animals. the line between "civilian" and legit miltary target gets blured.. I can only imagine how tough it is on those guys.

But I also know its not all or even a majority or even a large minority who cross the line or go over the edge... but a few who do give cause to question the whole group in the minds of some.

• ninja
    ninja

stonewall....you really are talking to the dead mate.....I realised it a while back.....cognitive dissonance is strong in this nation

altogether america....SIEG HEIL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit