SIT DOWN AND BE STILL!

by TR 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

This is and excerpt from the 2/22/97 AWAKE!:

Members of the Christian congregation can do much to be of support to both the child with ADHD and the parents. How? By being reasonable in their expectations. (Philippians 4:5) At times, a child with ADHD may be disruptive. Rather than callously remarking, "Why can't you control your child?" or "Why don't you just discipline him?" a perceptive fellow believer will realize that the parents may already be overwhelmed with the daily demands of raising a child with ADHD. Of course, parents should do what they can to limit the child's disruptive behavior. Nevertheless, instead of lashing out in irritation, those who are related in the faith should strive to show "fellow feeling" and to 'bestow a blessing.' (1 Peter 3:8, 9) Indeed, it is often by means of compassionate fellow believers that God "comforts those laid low."-2 Corinthians 7:5-7.

The AWAKE! doesn't seem to deal with hammering the kids at meetings.
    I can't help but wonder how many kids at the KH get their asses beat that have this disorder, and the parents don't know it.

At one book study, the elder's son, 4 or 5 at the time, was quite disruptive. His wife took the boy to the bathroom and beat his ass at least 3 or 4 times a meeting. Come to think about it, this happened at all the meetings. It was just more up close and personal at the book study, though.

I wonder if that kid has some kind of permanent damage or impediment to his ass after all those beatings.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

• Geordie
    Geordie

I used to be beaten like this all the time. All it did was make me more angry and disruptive, it also stopped hurting.
    At this point all the J/W's that were around at the time became "APOSTATES" as they all lost faith in me.
    My arse dousnt hurt any more, but it wore soething out inside my chest.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

looks to me like you do have permanent damage

• TR
    TR

Hi Geordie,

I still don't understand why the KH's don't provide child classes or something similar to keep them occupied.

I'm sure that all those beatings you received made you want to go to the KH. NOT! Man, I'm sorry you had to endure that crap.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

• TR
    TR

Nytelebunghole,

I may be ugly, but at least my head is out in the fresh air, unlike yours:

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

From what I can remember, That was why the women had bigger rest rooms, Otherwise there would have always been a long line of women waiting to go in and beat thier little ones.
    I especially remember this one, I still /.;;p--0o08098-o when I think of her.She had a little baby, 2 or 3 mnths at best when she began the meeting training. She would be in there A LOT and she would always pull down the diper first and then WAK his little bottom till it turned red. Have not a clue why

• belbab
    belbab

I hope the WT doen't get wind of this one, they will probably put it into practice. I read somewhere that native american indians would teach their infants not to cry by putting their hands over the child's mouths. This would prevent the child from revealing the whereabouts of the tribe, in warfare, if they were in hiding from their enemies.

belbab

• Geordie
    Geordie

My personall feeling about the issue on child classes or child cair during meatings is this.
    The WTBTS has on countless occasions over countless years talked about teaching the pliable minds of the young.
    As there teaching skills are based almost solely on mind controll it seams to me that sensory deprovation with intermitent beatings is used all over the world as a major form of mind controll.
    I'm no longer bitter at what happend to me and it took me along time to be able to forgive my mother, but, and it's a big but....

THIS STILL HAPPENS DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO CHILDREN ALL OVER THE WORLD AND NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT.

So i spose its about time i got off my arse and did something to sort this out.
    Im quite new to all this but if any one can give me any pointers i would accept them gladly.

• Monica
    Monica

This stuff literally makes my stomach sick. You'd think with their paranoia that they'd print stuff up discouraging spanking, especially with the advanced technology of little mini spy cams that could easily be placed in Kingdom Hall bathrooms. Could you imagine the press getting ahold of a tape of some woman spanking her infant?

• Scully
    Scully

TR

You are not ugly at all. We love ya!!

Besides, NYTELEHEDUPARSE has never actually proven that he's as gawjus as he claims he is. Ugly is as ugly does. And that being the case, he is deserving of the title Perfesser Ugly NYTELEHEDUPARSE.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit