Has anyone successfully faded without moving out of the territory?

by NiceDream 33 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I fought to stay in. I didn't want to leave my drug (WTS).

When they finally succeeded in abandoning me out, the first meeting I missed on purpose was like the bells of heaven playing.

I quit suddenly after realizing they were the Pharisees.

The only one to come by my house a couple of times was my on again, off again interpreter.

I rebuffed her as I was just so angry and hurt at the time.

I apologized later and explained how I felt and she totally understood.

I was looking over my shoulder only until I realized that no one was coming after me.

So, I started wearing a new cross necklace I bought. Nothing.

When I discovered paganism and that it fit me better than Christianity, I started wearing my pagan jewelry. Nothing. Not one notice or care.

Guess I got lucky with that.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I haven't been to the hall in a little over a year and still live in the same territory. None of the dubs have bothered to contact me and I rarely run into them. Most of them try to reach me through my parents. They will tell my parents how much they missed me and that I should call them. I would normally reply that my number hasn't changed and if they are interested, they can call me. However, I don't want to be placed on the radar, so I keep my thoughts to myself and continue my happy fading.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yep...it can be done. It's pretty much out of sight....out of mind. Especially if it's their own major blunder that pushed you out. 20 plus years in the same hall and it took 2 years for someone to check to see where we were. It was quite easy.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Stopped meetings in 2006 . Got an Elder visit a few months after we stopped .He stopped by and asked if there was anything we needed to talk about ,We said "NO" ,and that was it for the next four yrs " .......

UNTIL I put some winter decorations up this past winter on our porch......If you want a successful fade DO NOT DO THIS ! lol

It is more important to me to do what I want before I die than to live one more day in fear of these people anymore .( Of course I can say that because all the important people in my life are now out,..... so I can be so 'Brazen".

My decorations brought the Elders radar into overdrive . It became harrassment because I refused to allow them to question my personal life . I sent a cease and desist letter to them and had a law officer explain what No contact means .....that has worked . Since they can not contact me I have no idea if I am DA'd now or not .. I think they are waiting to see what I do THIS winter ,because if it is clearly Christmas decor they can DA without talking to me . (The last time I saw an Elder in public he completely shunned me ,but still talked to my husband ....so I don't know what that means ..am I marked or DA'd ???)

What will I do ??? What will I do ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit