Ex-Christians being angry

by Jonathan Drake 27 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

I found that after proving undoubtedly to myself that the WT “religion” in particular is nothing more than pure charlatanry, I then began a methodical yet purposeful scientific/logical process of realization that ALL this world’s religions are based solely on pure falsehoods. That’s right, ALL of them!

Biologically sentient beings started believing in an ancient desert warrior god (Yaweh), and then this philosophical hippie Jesus guy apparently came on the scene and introduced a new religious movement, which, with the help of the Roman Emporer Constantine, became their new “state religion.”

Now, just as there are Greek philosophy, Roman philosophy, Egyptian philosophy, Babylonian philosophy, Hindu Indian philosophy, native Indian philosophy, etc., there is also what I call “Christian philosophy” – i.e., Jusus.

So, if one were to challenge all the other “philosophies,” then they should also challenge the prevailing “Christian philosophy” – i.e., God’s Son, Jesus Christ, supposedly coming to earth by being born of a virgin jewess, performing gratuitous “miracles,” being resurrected, and then physically ascending to heaven. No matter how you look at it, all religion in general is really nothing more than a poignant projection of the defects of character common to all us mammal primates.

If you ask me, I say that ALL religion is just infantile and self-serving horseshit!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's nice to see people waking up.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

For me the anger has come and gone over the months. Now I'm just profoundly sad. I yearn so much to see the human family released from the chains of pain,suffering and death. Losing my faith has not solved any of those problems.

If only a loving, just, father-like God really existed...

I'll give that meditation technique a try during my hike today.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Finkelstein,

"There are Christian based religions that dont break apart families..."

Unfortunately both ends of the 'Christian' spectrum apply and ignore whatever verses are convenient to their personal ego. Fundamentalist Christians in the US despise the poor even if they're one of them and they would not be caught dead following Acts 2:44-45.

Then there are liberal Christians who, regardless of how altruistic and easy going they are, ignore scriptures like:

49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.” - Luke 12:49-53 New International Version

What is a true Christian and where are they?

• zeb
    zeb

Then take up your anger forge it into passion and make good your life with creativity, kindness, education.

Were i a counselor or doctor and coming across a jw who wanted out I would also ask them indeed insist they write down a their daily diet for a week. It is my observation that witnesses have poor understanding and practice of nutrition. For a start i would remove all 'added' sugar as processed sugar is toxic to the human body. I would also refer them onto two essential health practitioners;

• a Chiropractor
    • a Nutritionist.

Every few months i go for a full body massage. Why this boosts the removal of nasties from the body and gee it feels good. she has wonderful hands!

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    If it weren't a religious cult, it would be a therapeutic or political cult. It is part of man's nature to want to control his fellow man.
  • yodastar
    yodastar
    Angry - hell yes but over the first decade it calmed down to a sadness of all my young relatives still being dumb dumbed. It must be and is healthy going through these emotions - it's like going through a divorce
  • fukitol
    fukitol

What are you so angry about Christianity for? It's Islam you need to be angry about.

Christianity and Europe has mostly shed it's centuries long stranglehold on enlightenment and scientific knowledge and truth. Thankfully we now live in a mostly secular, skeptical Christian age where even most Christians don't take many of their own ancient writings too literally.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for Islam. It will probably be many centuries before Islam manages to shed itself of all the superstitious ignorance that still pervades it. The power of Islam over it's adherents minds is truly staggering and frightening, some 1400 years since their illiterate, cave-dwelling 'prophet' Mohammed had his 'visions'.

You should feel more angry about that, and all the violence and evil and suffering it is presently causing.

The only positive side to all the terrorism is it is polarising the younger generation of Muslims. It is pushing a few nutter muslims into extremism and militarism, but it is pushing even more towards disgust and apathy towards their parents religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit