Tribute to David Silas Thomas 6/11/68 - 9/16/10

by FlyingHighNow 38 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

These are more recent pictures of David. When he was born, we had so many Davids in our family, that I decided we all should call him Davey, after Davy Jones of the Monkees.

This picture has a date stamp on it:

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm on the hunt for scanned pictures of David I have online already.

Here is one of us on a weekend trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. I am to your far left with my hand on David's shoulder. My sister, Davey's mother was next to David holding my daughter Carrie-Anne. We had a lot of fun that trip. It was 1980. We saw alligators, the Wax museum, the diamond mines, stayed in a room that looked like a castle. We saw 9-5 in Hot Springs and Popeye in Little Rock. We drove up on mountains and we saw all the little shops. We ate out. My brother in law and other two nephews Chris and Jason were along as well.

View All Photos | Me, nephew, my sister Star with Carrie-Anne | Heather

• agonus
    agonus

Well, Santa Fe and the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area are OK, but I just got a bad vibe from the state in general. Partially due to my marriage going south, I'm sure, but when you're waking up to the truth about the WT, including its occult roots, and become obsessed with conspiracy theories and whatnot, well, let's just say that NM is about the last state you want to be in. Throw OCD into the mix and it's not a pretty picture.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We all went to see Watership Down when we lived in Houston very early in 1979. All of us, including David loved the song Bright Eyes sung by Art Garfunkel during one of the death scenes of one of the bunnies. My kids came to love the song, too. I always say that I want it played when I pass on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ekOznhZkhU

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN...is this a family member?

He is my sister's oldest son, who was more like a son to me than a nephew. There are two threads about the heartbreak the JW's caused in his life, especially last August.

Agonus, I think when you have those kinds of problems, any place you live will seem cold, dark and weird. I always spent happy times there, in Carlsbad, T or C, Albuquerque, Taos, Red River, Santa Fe. To me the state really is the Land of Enchantment. But that is just me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

David's mother was pressuring him to shun me back around 2003, so he sent me this song and told me to take many of the lyrics to heart. He couldn't find it in his heart to shun me. And when his parents decided to shun him, he turned to me for comfort. I posted a thread about it and read your responses to him over the phone. So thank you, JWNers for bringing him at least some comfort during his last month and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxTEV5vpyg

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    I posted a thread about it and read your responses to him over the phone. So thank you, JWNers for bringing him at least some comfort during his last month and a half.

You are a good aunt for doing that.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Heather)))))))

You and your entire household are in my prayers.

A favorite nephew of mine was killed back in 1994 (homicide).

He'd discontinued meetings, so, even though his mother was baptized and in good standing, the elders nixed her request that one of them eulogize him.

She was never the same afterwards.

May the good Lord have mercy on them.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

FHN,

thank you so much for sharing the pictures of your nephew with us,

I happen to be a big cry baby so, I'm gonna leave this post now

((((((( FHN)))))))

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Heather, my heart really does go out to you Like wasblind, Im a real crybaby and softy, your other threads and this tribute to David have really touched me. He was 9 months older than me.... Thanks again for sharing Heather. Despite the distance, thinking of you, Matt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit