LOOK at JUPITER!!!

by cameo-d 19 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Thanks for the websites. I'm going to check them out. Do any of you have Google Sky Map on your smart phone? I love that appication. I can just point it at the sky and it will show me what I'm looking at.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes the moon this morning seemed more awesome than usual. Because of the brightness of Jupiter, I first thought it was Venus or Mars but wow it is bright.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Thank you. I saw the beautiful moon last night. That's really neat you can see the moons of Jupiter too!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Since someone has to say it:

Jupiter is cool, but it doesn't compare to Uranus.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Okay, so I am outing myself here, a picture I took of Jupiter the other night, with my 6" classic dynascope reflector.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31719421&fbid=1494877934338&id=1305769324

Right now Uranus is a little bit east of Jupiter. It is at a right angle to the plane of the moons, and I can see them all if I use a low power eyepiece, like 32mm. So that is 2 planets and 4 moons all in one view. Sweet!

As a bonus, here is my pic of Venus.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31719418&id=1305769324&ref=fbx_album

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Vewwy cool !

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I did not see the moons of Jupiter. I had hoped to,since you all said they were visible, but it has been very cloudy every night since after I first posted this. The very next night there was a red ring in the haze around the moon.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Jupiter is cool, but it doesn't compare to Uranus.

I find that when Orion's belt is low in the sky, and there is full moon, you get the best vew of Uranus.

Seriously though, I saw that "bright star" the night before last and didn't know what it was. Thanks for sharing.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Let us not forget, brothers, that Jehovah resides in the Pleiades...

(couldn't resist )

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

kurtbethel....Those pics are too cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit