When you realized that it was all a lie.. how did you cope?

by stuckinamovement 62 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I embraced the holidays and free evenings, and I went shopping at Michael's Crafts. I got over the feeling of anchorlessness quickly.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They are captives of a concept just like the rest of us were, them even more so because of the power and responsibility they weild.

-Sab

The higher up they are the harder the fall. I suppose many just suck it up and continue on so as not to "loose face". I also think that some put their heads in the sand because they like the feeling of power to be "commandos". (Like a couple of elders I know with big heads.)

The funny thing is to watch these pricks try to throw their weight around with non-JWs or other community members and fall on their face when they are "reproved" by outsiders. They really get mad and irritated. They don't know how to handle it....and that's one reason they don't venture outside of their JW circle where their power is. And the only reason they have any power to begin with is because the JWs give up their personal power to be ruled by the elders and the WT. The JWs have always had a choice. One day the JWs will have to face the fact that the y had free will in all of this.

• pirata
    pirata

stuckinamovement, Romans 8:1-17 was a major eye-opener for me. Especially look at vs 5,8,14,16, then see if the scriptures say only the "anointed" are God's children, or if they say something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit