Child's Nightmares and Memories Prove Reincarnation

by ProdigalSon 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Matthew 17:10 However, the disciples put the question to him: "Why, then, do the scribes say that E·li´jah must come first?" 11 In reply he said: "E·li´jah, indeed, is coming and will restore all things. 12 However, I say to YOU that E·li´jah has already come and they did not recognize him but did with him the things they wanted. In this way also the Son of man is destined to suffer at their hands." 13 Then the disciples perceived that he spoke to them about John the Baptist.

For me, EVERYTHING changed, and the purpose of life and the reason we are here started coming into view, the day I realized that the teachings of original sin, one brief life regardless of its circumstances, and a resurrection to judgment was a SCREAMING, DIABOLICAL LIE. The truth?

http://www.fox8.com/wjw-reincarnation-txt%2C0%2C1190900.story

• poppers
    poppers

Thanks, that was very interesting. A fascinating book is Robert Newton's Journey of Souls - it deals with our life between lives, and helps to explain why we have some of the problems we have while incarnated on Earth. It just may change your view on reincarnation.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Thanks poppers I will check that out.... when you said "your view on reincarnation" I guess you meant other readers on the thread....

The Bible has a lot to say about reincarnation, but because we've been trained to read it with preconceived notions, and because we have bogus lies written in the book of Hebrews about the sin of adam and a judgment after one life, we don't recognize the truth when it hits us right in the face. Aside from the scripture I quoted above, the New Testament also offers this (I'll get to the Old Testament later):

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" John 9:1-2, NIV

The disciples wanted to know why the man was born blind, so they brought up two possibilities to Jesus: Either the man was blind because of his parents' sins or because he was reaping the fruit of his own sins (karma). If there is no pre-existence of our souls and the man was born blind, then where or when could he have committed the sins that caused his blindness? They are saying as if it is a prevalent and accepted idea that the blind man had a previous life. Also, Jesus did not respond as if this was a strange or unacceptable idea. He doesn't marvel that they have presented him with such a false and evil concept like a typical JW or fundy Christian would.

............................................................................................................................................................................

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Matthew 16:15-16

The idea here seems to be that if a prophet appeared, he must be an incarnation of one of the past prophets, so Jesus is asking the disciples who the people think has been reincarnated as himself. The concept of the reincarnation of the prophets is overlooked by Christians and they make the only point of the question to find out who the multitudes of people believe him to be. These scriptures indicate that, at least to Jesus and the disciples, the idea of reincarnation was common. Herod also heard that others were saying one of the prophets of long ago had reincarnated. This again indicates that such a belief in reincarnation was common at the time.

Now Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was going on. And he was perplexed, because some were saying that John had been raised from the dead, others that Elijah had appeared, and still others that one of the prophets of long ago had come back to life. Luke 9:7-8, NIV
  • Terry
    Terry

I have to wonder what standard of proof would contend that a nightmare or a memory could verify a fact previous to one's own lifetime.

At the very most, all you could honestly say would be : "tends to support the hypothesis" rather than "proves."

You totally neglect to consider the corollary to your own "proof".

You know what that is?

For every one person who "remembers" a previous life or dreams of it---the vast majority of the rest of us have no such thoughts, memories, dreams or speculative visions.

Where does that leave "proof" in the face of such preponderant superior counter proof?

In the spectrum of human behavior and consciousness you have a radical minority who "see" Bigfoot, get probed by Aliens in a mothercraft, become possessed by demons, encounter ghosts, witness Elvis alive and well and become convinced by "proof" that there was no Holocaust and that the moon landing was faked. SHOULD WE CONSIDER THEIR REPORTS PROOF?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well Terry, the word "proves" was their word not mine. However, if a child knows dates, times, places and names like this one did, going back to WWII in the Pacific, then I would say that while it is not in and of itself "proof", it certainly is "evidence". Combined with the testimonies of tens of thousands of people who have had near-death experiences and instances of "deja vu", then I would say that the entire body of evidence is "proof". But hey, that's just me, and my own personal "truth". We are each on our own journey to find it.

As for the fact that most of us can't remember past lives, that has mostly to do with our practically non-functioning pineal and pituitary glands. Actually there are many glands and it entails the entire endocrine system, but those are the main ones. This lack of memory is actually a merciful thing from our Creator, because most of us have been Barbarians at some point in the past, and we have done some horrific things. If we had full blown memory of it we would be insane.

All of our past life history is contained in that 90 percent of our DNA that science has been calling "junk". It is directly and dynamically connected to the Akashic Record, which is the history of the earth and everyone on it, indelibly stamped on the time-space continuum. It's possible that the child was psychic and tapping into that, but then I have to ask myself why he would only have the memories of one particular person.

With the New Age that's coming, children will continue to be born with an increasing amount of past life memory. They already started incarnating after the end of the Kali Yuga in 1988, and they are called "Indigo Children".

Interestingly, according to Edgar Cayce's interpretation of Revelation, during the symbolic "1000 year reign of Christ", any souls that have not sufficiently evolved into service-to-others oriented entities will not be allowed to incarnate on earth until it is over. This is what was meant by the abyssing of Satan. That means they will most likely incarnate on some other planet that's a hell of a lot worse than this one. Both the Dalai Lama and the Gnostics have said we can dissolve our egos the easier way here and now, or the harder way somewhere else after death. Oh well!

~PS

• journey-on
    journey-on

Prodigal Son... Indigo children are real. I know personally of this.

When I began to take reincarnation seriously, I re-read the Bible with that mindset and was fascinated with how it seems to support it. I believe whole-heartedly that we are here on the material plane to teach something and to learn something in order to evolve our souls. This can only be accomplished in a Free Will environment where WE make our own choices then suffer or benefit from their consequences.

• poppers
    poppers

when you said "your view on reincarnation" I guess you meant other readers on the thread....

Yes -

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

it certainly is "evidence"

It is interesting. It is NOT evidence.

Combined with the testimonies of tens of thousands of people who have had near-death experiences and instances of "deja vu", then I would say that the entire body of evidence is "proof".

It is proof of something, not necessarily what you want it to prove.

As for the fact that most of us can't remember past lives

Not an established fact...

If we had full blown memory of it we would be insane.

Is this "proof" you have a fully blown memory?

All of our past life history is contained in that 90 percent of our DNA that science has been calling "junk"

I weep for how ignorant of actual science some people are. It's called non-coding DNA and it has been observed to have a purpose, especially as it relates to fueling evolution.

indelibly stamped on the time-space continuum

Does it cause space time to bend or warp? How do you know this? can we measure it?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Thanks, that was very interesting. A fascinating book is Robert Newton's Journey of Souls - it deals with our life between lives, and helps to explain why we have some of the problems we have while incarnated on Earth. It just may change your view on reincarnation.

I've got that book. What I will say is that it was entertaining.

As for the fact that most of us can't remember past lives, that has mostly to do with our practically non-functioning pineal and pituitary glands.

Yes. I've read that. I've got Dr. Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule. He delves into the pineal as a spirit gland. Also entertaining.

All of our past life history is contained in that 90 percent of our DNA that science has been calling "junk". It is directly and dynamically connected to the Akashic Record, which is the history of the earth and everyone on it, indelibly stamped on the time-space continuum. It's possible that the child was psychic and tapping into that, but then I have to ask myself why he would only have the memories of one particular person.

*sigh* No.

The so-called "junk DNA" is not "junk." In fact, we have figured out what large swathes of it do. These parts of the genome were called "junk" because they did not code for proteins. It turns out much of the non-coding "junk DNA" performs a regulatory function. microRNAs, for example, are coded for in the "junk" region of the DNA. They regulate the coding messenger RNAs that are coded for in the "non-junk" DNA sequences.

BTS

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It turns out much of the non-coding "junk DNA" performs a regulatory function. microRNAs, for example, are coded for in the "junk" region of the DNA.

Note that BTS and I are NOT in disgreement, we both just hightlighted different uses for non-coding DNA. I was specifically thinking of methylation and jumping genes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit