insanity

by flower 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

You sound very much like somebody I have developed a relationship with. I did not know what was going on inside this person. From outward appearances this person seemed moody, snobby, etc.; I did not know what to think or how to read this person; but kept an open mind and heart. I am happy I did.

• flower
    flower

thanks yall. hey, guess what? i'm not insane after all.

see for yourself http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=19948&site=3

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

didnt LITERALLY mean I was gonna hit you in the face.
    I meant I was gonna say somethin you might not like.
    Rf

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

"See, the human mind is kind of like . . .
    a piñata. When it breaks open,
    there's a lot of surprises inside.
    Once you get the piñata perspective,
    you see that losing your mind
    can be a peak experience."

--Jane Wagner
    The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe

• flower
    flower

yea yea refiner, i know what you meant. i'm more concerned with that last little comment which i wont even repeat...

flower

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Its an Australian term. It means get to work.
    No offence was intended.

• flower
    flower

aaah, i forgot you were an aussie. I've heard that the aussie sense of humor is a bit different then the states. can run into problems especially when you are only typing and not able to see facial expressions ect. thats ok, no offense taken.
    ya gotta admit tho, it sounds a bit vulgar ;)

take care

flower
    ps. book recommendations would be cool...you still have my addy right?

• seven006
    seven006

Flower,

You are far from insane. In fact you could possibly be approaching a state of more stable sanity than you have very experienced in your life.

You have reached a point in your life where your entire existence and all that you have known in regard to it could be changing. Psychologically speaking you have reached a turning point and are experiencing some culture shock. What is going on in your head is no different from a person who was brought up in a small village in the Amazon jungle and then was dropped right into the middle of New York City. What you have always thought to be true was all based on your protected mental environment. Now your mental environment has taken a radical change in all that you hear and see. This situation would make the most secure person question their sanity.

I think your reactions, questions, and insecurities are as normal as can be expected in your situation. I also think that you are handling this extreme life revelation very well. Give it some time. Take it one step at a time. Life is not all black and white or right or wrong. You have a bright mind, keep using it and it will help you come to the place you need to be. Many on this board have taken years to get to the point that they felt they might have most of it all figured out. Most are still searching, learning, questioning and forming opinions about many things. Again, give it time. You are doing very well.

Take care,

Dave

• flower
    flower

hi dave,

well it sure doesnt feel like i am handling this well but i sure hope you are right.

thanks for the words of encouragement.

flower
    ps. hey you havent been making us laugh lately, hope you are not totally stressed out.

• seven006
    seven006

Here ya go sweetheart, I hope this makes you laugh a little.

Dave

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=19718&site=3&page=2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit