The Bedbugs are coming....

by Snoozy 29 Replies latest social current

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I seem to hear more and more on the news about the Bed bug epedemic. Any around you yet?

Today they were talking about it on TV and they said they are spreading ,among other ways, at theaters and libraries.

I love going to the show and my grandchildren are spending a lot of time in the libraries at their colleges.

It's just a matter of time before someone close is exposed to them.

What do you do?

I know for myself I am fearfull of going to the theater now.

They were talking about it in Illinois and I am in Missouri..can Bedbugs swim?

Snoozy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi Snoozy,

I been hearing a lot about it too, I'm concerned because I have a daughter in college and I'm not sure of how they sanitize their matresses.

and with people traveling from all over the world to different schools , I'm concerned about students transporting the bed bugs from one place to another.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I'm just waiting to see how the JW's spin this to show that it's another part of the "composite sign" showing the end is close.

I was already told by one that the oil spill in the gulf was another proof that the end is close. With man ruining the earth etc. etc.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Eeeeeewwwwww, I just watched Dr. Oz about that. We were just in Seattle, a "hot spot" and stayed at a few hotels and didn't get bed bugs. Thank goodness!

If you don't mind looking a bit silly, you can bring a flashlight to the theatre and check out the crevices of the seat before you sit on it. That's what the exterminator guy said on the show. And they like to hide in purses too, so you shouldn't leave your purse on a theatre seat.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I've had Bed bugs and they can be Horrific and at times you don't even know there are there.

No spray you can buy can kill them...... NO SPRAY!!! Trust me. It will work for 1 night then ..... we're back..

They are mosquito's with no wings. If I felt a bite...... easily get out of bed turn light on and look on the sheet where you were and pop the bastard!

Only way to get rid of them.... Hire a Pro.

They are tuff buggers (lol) Even buying a Brand New Mattress is not the answer. These things hid IN the floor cracks everywhere.

They SUCK (lol again)

• wasblind
    wasblind

There was a segment on one of my judge shows, where one sister sued another for bringing bed bugs to her home

and the expert said it doesn't have anything to do with being dirty, clean people can transport them too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey darth was it real expensive to get rid of them?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Where I live, we'd just open the doors (during the winter) for a few hours. They'd freeze to death.....

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Hahahaha

At the time $$$ was the problem. We stripped everything down got New Mattresses Sprayed ect.(store bought the best I was told)

Never got rid of them but....... kinda controlled em. 1 Mattress was INFESTED.. I don't freaked out... but I think I screamed when I saw how bad it was. AND THE STINK.... they can smell pretty bad.

After the Big Cleanfest........ I would find a couple every week instead if waking up and popping 20 a night!

I searched Online for a solution........ it was very discouraging.

I wouldn't get freaked out about having 1 jump n you and you bring it home. You can see them. size of an small ant.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Tried to turn the Heat up all the way to kill them in the heat registers.... I think they liked it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit