Lady Lee- who are you, and what's YOUR story?

by theMadJW 422 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Glad I came back one more time. Such self-righteousness is what sickens me- I guess truth is even less important to all of you than I thought!

NONE of us condone, nor wish to protect such evil- and have a very difficult time of it- as ALL churches are, so " crawl back to your demonic churches and it's filthiness", or point fingers from a distance.

If I were to start posting articles of all the foul deeds CLERGY- even non-Cathloics- LL WOULD ban me!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Heh- here's one, for example-

The first time the pastor of her church made sexual advances, Deborah Dail said no.

"No" was her answer the second and third time the Baptist pastor propositioned her, the Denton mother of two said.

But as her resolve unraveled and her confusion mounted, Dail became sexually involved with the pastor in the county where she lived then.

"I refused and refused and refused until I didn't say `no' anymore," Dail said.

It was a relationship that she now calls "the most horrible experience of my life." Dail, a slender woman, lost 25 pounds and even considered suicide during the five years it continued, she said.

Dail now considers the sexual relationship an abuse of clergy power, and her attempts to confront area, state and national Baptist leaders have left her alienated, angry and ultimately disillusioned, she said.

Dail is not alone in her criticism.

Women who say they have been subjected to abuse by clergy say their complaints are often handled by Baptist church leaders as confessions of adultery, leaving them ostracized from their church friends and their support network.

Unlike other Protestant denominations that have national or regional policies that address clergy sexual misconduct, Baptists do not have policy suggestions for individual churches.

But with growing concern about sexual misconduct complaints, Texas and national Baptist leaders say that may change.

"It's clearly a widespread and growing problem," said Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. "We do not live in a vacuum as Christians and churches. We live in a society in which infidelity is more and more rampant."

At a staff retreat in Nashville, Tenn., next month, Land's commission will formulate suggestions for a possible denominationwide "response" to dealing with ministers who become sexually involved with congregants, Land said.

In addition, the Christian Life Commission of the Baptist General Convention of Texas formed a Clergy Sexual Abuse Task Force last spring to generate policy suggestions for churches, members of the task force said.

But setting guidelines for dealing with sexual misconduct may be difficult in a denomination that purposefully does not have a national structure. Each Baptist church is autonomous and is responsible for setting its own rules, Baptist leaders say.

Any policies developed nationally or regionally will be suggestions to individual churches. That doesn't mean that leaders of churches wouldn't welcome suggestions on how to handle complaints of sexual misconduct or how to best avoid the misconduct, said Joe E. Trull, a professor of Christian ethics at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and a member of the Texas group's task force.

"The church and the denomination are, just by the sheer number on the news, realizing that we are going to have to do more than hope it doesn't come to our doorstep," he said.

The policies in the works by the Texas convention will help churches, pastors and congregations, task force members said. But leaders also hope that the policies will be a way to reach out to women who say they have been abused.

"One of our goals is to heighten awareness of the problem so that women would find strength in dealing with this issue if they have been abused -- to know there are people somewhere that will hear you and believe you," said Nancy Allison, family coordinator for the Baptist General Convention of Texas' Christian Life Commission and a member of the task force.

Accusers want to be heard

Hearing and believing is something that Baptist leaders have not done well, some women say.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Unlike other Protestant denominations that have national or regional policies that address clergy sexual misconduct, Baptists do not have policy suggestions for individual churches.

Notice the term "Policy Suggestions". How refreshing!!!

In addition, the Christian Life Commission of the Baptist General Convention of Texas formed a Clergy Sexual Abuse Task Force last spring to generate policy suggestions for churches, members of the task force said.

It sure would be nice if the WTS formed a Sexual Abuse Task Force to figure out a better way to deal with abuse!

The policies in the works by the Texas convention will help churches, pastors and congregations, task force members said. But leaders also hope that the policies will be a way to reach out to women who say they have been abused.

"One of our goals is to heighten awareness of the problem so that women would find strength in dealing with this issue if they have been abused -- to know there are people somewhere that will hear you and believe you," said Nancy Allison, family coordinator for the Baptist General Convention of Texas' Christian Life Commission and a member of the task force.

Accusers want to be heard

So what is your point, MadJW? It sounds like they are taking their problems WAYYYYYYYYY more seriously than the Watchtower BS Society.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Glad I came back one more time. Such self-righteousness is what sickens me- I guess truth is even less important to all of you than I thought!

Pot meet kettle.

Not sure how your little mind can equate protecting minors from predators as being self-righteous. But I thank my lucky stars I'm not like you.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Mad, our problem isn't that sexual abuse occurs in the organization. Obviously it is a major epidemic around the world. Our problem is that the sociey would rather hush it up than protect.

Do you know that they have paid off HUNDREDS of victims so that they will not take them to trial. Guess where that money comes from... The World Wide Work that you donate to. God's organization, huh?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DB- If the policy is 2 or more witnesses- YES, I agree. If its small kids, I'd let the police know.

Older kids, or adults- I'd have them stay at my house until THEY could make arrangements to leave, call the police, whatever.

What the HELLFIRE do the Elders have to do with it????.....MadJW

If the Policy is 2 Witness`s?.....You know dam well it is..

The subject is pedophiles MadJW..

Do pedophiles go after adults?..If they did it would`nt be a Pedophile crime would it?..

That is a sorry strawman..

You wouldn`t call the police to help an older child..Why?..

Small kids you`d let the police know?..

The WBT$ already has instructions for that..Call the police from a pay phone,don`t give any details..

"Hello I`d like to report a Pedophile Crime..I can`t tell you who,or where they are..Good-Bye!"..

Everything possible,is done to protect a WBT$ Pedophile..

The Question remains..

MadJW..

Do you Agree with the WBT$ Pedophile Policy?..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mad:

DB- If the policy is 2 or more witnesses- YES, I agree. If its small kids, I'd let the police know. Older kids, or adults- I'd have them stay at my house until THEY could make arrangements to leave, call the police, whatever

The victims have to leave their home to get away from the abuser who gets to conintue to live in comfort of his own home?!!?

Why should the victim be penalized by having to leave their home? If the abuser is a parent or sibling the abuser needs to leave the home. That is what the police are for. To get the abuser out of the house. That is what they do. Protect victims and get the abusers away from them if they live in the same home. You get a restraining order. You do whatever you have to so that the child is safe and has as little upheaval in their lives as possible. They have already been traumatized. And now you suggest they are retraumatized by being forced out of their home.

Where I live in Canada it is any professionals legal responsibility to report any suspected abuse of a minor child.

It is the moral responsibility for everyone else who suspects any abuse of a minor child to report it to the authorities.

Personally I would like to see that changed to a legal responsibility for anyone who suspects abuse of a minor child. There are far too many kids who die because people "think" something isn't right but do nothing. In my mind that is criminal.

A few years ago my neighbors who had a little boy started yelling and screaming in the house. I heard the father scream and the boy and a lot of banging. And then I heard what sounded like the body of a child slamming into the wall. I called the police. They were there in minutes.

It turned out they were playing football in the house and what I heard was the ball slamming into the wall. The police came over and toild me what was going on. They saw the boy and he was fine.

Then my neighbor came over and I thought he was going to be furious. I had just called the police on him.

And you know what? He thanked me. He said that if someone was hurting his son he would hope I would do the same thing and care enough to vcall for help for him. We became quite friendly after that. He wwas a nice guy.

I suppose you could say I had a chance to ruin his reputation. But the police quickly realized there was no p[roblem.

THAT is how it works. Whether it is physical abuse or sexual abuse the police are there to help.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mad

I have no problem with the truth. Protecting children needs to be the first priority. Let the police do their job. Just because the police are called doesn't mean a person's reputation is trashed. Who is going to know unless someone else tells them?

NONE of us condone, nor wish to protect such evil- and have a very difficult time of it- as ALL churches are, so " crawl back to your demonic churches and it's filthiness", or point fingers from a distance.

By remaining silent you condone. The only thing an abuser wants from people is for them to remain silent. Then he is safe.

The only thing a victim needs is for people to speak up and get them the help they need. Then they will be safe.

The WTS has made a choice to cover the abuse up and forces everyone involved to remain silent. Its easy to see what side they are on.

If I were to start posting articles of all the foul deeds CLERGY- even non-Cathloics- LL WOULD ban me!

We are not talking about other churches. We are talking about the WTS. I was a JW. It was as a JW kid that I was a bused. It was elders to made decisions to hide the abuse and keep the abuser in the home and get rid of the victims.

People have repeatedly posted stories of abuse in other churches. Yea. well I wasn't in one of those churches. Dragging that into this discussion doesn't address what the WTS does - God's mouthpiece - God's clean organization - God's loving organization - only source of refuge for those who need comfort

Perhaps you need to read some of what is in here Child Abuse Issues although it might disturb you - a lot to see just how rampant this problem is in the WTS. And NO ONE is doing anything about it because they are waiting on Jehovah. Meanwhile more kids are being abused and it is swept under the carpet

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you want more info about Goid's clean org. then take a look at Skeleton's Come Tumbling out of Bethel's Closet - Ray Franz- Book ISOCF

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Rose

Thank you for your story. I'm so happy for you and your six kids that it had a happy ending. You've emerged from horrendous experiences as a strong woman.

Sadly, your well-written account is buried in a thread where not many people will read that far, because of MadJW's vitriole. Would you consider copying and pasting it into a new thread?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit