Airman spreads AIDs at swinger parties

by MsDucky 29 Replies latest social current

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Yes. Its aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, whether you're in the military or not.

Are you SURE about that, clarinetist? Strange, I don't recall ever hearing such a prosecution in the civilian world - not to my knowledge even when somebody died from AIDS over it.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist
    Are you SURE about that, clarinetist? Strange, I don't recall ever hearing such a prosecution in the civilian world - not to my knowledge even when somebody died from AIDS over it.

That's my understanding in the state of Texas. I have a friend that was raped by someone with AIDS, and in addition to all the rape charges, they charged him for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon because he was knowingly attempting to infect her (which is probably legally different than getting drunk and having a one night stand). Of course, this was years ago, so I can't say for sure I remember it correctly. Double checking now just in case...

EDIT: See this site. It specifically mentions Texas, and it also has some interesting information.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Man with HIV Sent to Jail for Life After Infecting Others

Published June 14, 2007 by:

Katherine M.

View Profile | Follow | Add to Favorites

More:Hiv PositiveLife SentenceSt. Joseph

On Tuesday, an 33-year-old man from St. Joseph, Mo., was sentenced to life in prison after sleeping with women the mid '90s while he was knowlingly HIV-positive.

A victim who testified claimed she was not aware of his HIV status during their relationship. Sean Sykes says otherwise, that she knew he had the deadly virus but still went ahead with unprotected

intercourse.

Prosecutors were able to convince the courts that if Sykes remained free, other unknowing victims would be exposed to HIV. One woman who had sex with Sykes a decade ago, testified, sharing her heartbreaking story of how she contracted HIV from the defendant. She is now 29, a mother of two small children.

Sykes knew he tested positive for HIV, which usually leads to AIDS. Yet he continued to practice unsafe sexual contact with women who didn't consent to sleeping with a HIV carrier.

The exact number of women who were intimate with Sykes is unknown but three so far have tested positive for HIV themselves. It's unclear if others have been screened for the virus and are not spreading it elsewhere.

Sykes was informed of his HIV status in 1991.

Sykes spent five years in prison after being convicted in 1997 for charges of exposing women to HIV. He was originally to stay in jail for 10 years but was paroled early in 2003 after serving only half the sentence.Even after going through the legal ramifications for his actions, Sykes ended up doing the same thing once he was free.

Sources: AP. "Mo. Man With HIV Gets Life Term for Sex" Newsday.com, http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-hiv-conviction-sentence,0,785862.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/280657/man_with_hiv_sent_to_jail_for_life.html?cat=17

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

JWOODS - Quit showing your ignorance. It's boring.

Yes, it is a crime to expose people to HIV without warning.

Yes, civilians get prosecuted. Google is your friend.

Yes, people of all orientations and economic classes get exposed. Funny how this is perceived as a "gay thing". I know straight people with HIV.

No, I would not have casual sex with anyone, regardless of HIV status.

Yes, I have had sex with HIV positive partners and I am HIV negative. Still. It's not like catching a cold. Or herpes.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When I was younger and not in any frame of mind for a seriosu relationship I had casual sex, it was fun and consentual and no head games or misleading anyone about it being more than it was, it was also a very silly thing to do that could have backfired bigtime.

I wouldn't trade on minute of real love making for 1000 of casual sex orgasams.

BUT, not everyone is wired the same way.

Best not to judge people about these things (casual sex), but ANYONE that has ANY disease and knowingly infects others deserves jail time, at least.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nushawn_Williams

This is the case that brought it to my attention. I remember this because well his name is Nushawn which isn't a forgettable name, plust Stern was going on and on about this guy on the radio. He infected up to 14 women, and claimed to have had 300 partners. He had two children born with HIV. He got convicted of statuatory rape due to a couple girls being underage, and also wreckless endagerment due to being infected and still doing what he was doing.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Voideater says: "No, I would not have casual sex with anyone, regardless of HIV status."

What is heartbreaking is, when two people, straight or gay, decide to have a meaningful relationship

and unknowingly passes it to the other, but that is one of the reasons for getting to know each other first

and getting tested before the relationship goes any further. I don't feel for anyone who treats their body like

a portable "Johnnie on the Spot".

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    Just a third question: Would you knowingly have casual sex with an HIV positive person even if a condom was used??? ANYBODY???

Define casual sex? As in a "one night stand"? If so, then heck no! Depends on the person (IE: loved them) but I think I would be willing to discuss.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    JWOODS - Quit showing your ignorance. It's boring.
    Yes, I have had sex with HIV positive partners and I am HIV negative. Still. It's not like catching a cold. Or herpes.

We obviously have different opinions on what is ignorant.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Yes, I have had sex with HIV positive partners and I am HIV negative. Still. It's not like catching a cold. Or herpes

Sheesh man. You willingly had sex with HIV positive individuals knowing they had HIV? No disrespect, but ehhhhhh, its just hard to imagine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit