Writer's Block

by compound complex 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I see Tammy beat me two it. You should join us at www.nanowrimo.org. It promises to be an insane month.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Tammy!

You're not crazy, but I do understand your point. Please note Pearl Buck's words:

The instinct which creates the arts is not the same as that which produces art. The creative instinct is, in its final analysis and in its simplest terms, an enormous extra vitality, a super-energy, born inexplicably in an individual, a vitality great beyond all the needs of his own living — an energy which no single life can consume. This energy consumes itself then in creating more life, in the form of music, painting, writing, or whatever is its most natural medium of expression. Nor can the individual keep himself from this process, because only by its full function is he relieved of the burden of this extra and peculiar energy — an energy at once physical and mental, so that all his senses are more alert and more profound than another man's, and all his brain more sensitive and quickened to that which his senses reveal to him in such abundance that actuality overflows into imagination. It is a process proceeding from within. It is the heightened activity of every cell of his being, which sweeps not only himself, but all human life about him, or in him, in his dreams, into the circle of its activity.

I do appreciate your encouragement. Only here do I feel at home creatively. You have contributed to my sense of having arrived.

Bless you,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Jeff!

Wish I could be tied down, but I'm a roamer and a loner ...

Who knows?

CC

• tec
    tec

Thanks CoCo,

I love those words!

Tammy

• Hadit
    Hadit

Good morning CoCo,

I was writing a response to you last night and my power went out and I was unable to finish. It was along the same line as this thread! I've finished it and have sent it to you.

I hope you are having a good day!

Hadit

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Tammy and Hadit, for responding. It is always a pleasure reading what you both have to say.

Should we write daily, as a mental and soul-strengthening discipline? Or is it better, first, to allow the writer's well of inspiration to replenish itself before he allows himself to set out on an aimless and, ultimately, useless journey?

I want to write on a daily basis, but I find my mind and spirit played out ... Is there another story lurking somewhere within?

Is this so uncommon?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit