plmkrzy

I been bouncing around different posts and there seems
    to be an xtra emphasis lately on attending meetings or
    it could be because the memorial will be here shortly
    I don’t know. I know that a lot of you wouldn’t set foot
    in a kingdom hall for any reason but there are a lot of
    people here that don’t go because of the shunning issue
    to put it lightly. But they would like to attend the
    memorial for personal reasons etc.etc.etc.
    Well just slap me if it’s a bad idea but what if everyone
    here planned different places to meet each other
    (depending on how far apart and so on) it could be at
    a place to have lunch or drinks or what ever and go to
    the memorial in groups. As many per group as poss.
    That would solve the shunning problem because there
    would be a team. There is no way they would have the
    right to tell everyone to leave or tell them they were
    not welcome to be there.
    Wouldn’t that be cool though? Ten or twelve dsfep’d and
    disas’d All showing up together across the country?
    It might even cause another prophecy to be declared
    in the next pub what ever it will be.

Just an idea Please Don't Hurt Me
    plm

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Oh come on...............It can't be that bad of an idea??

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I don't understand why any would feel the need to go to a KH. Not unless you are wanting to "put it" in the elders faces. If that is the case, I say go for it! Otherwise, I appreciate Jesus' counsel below

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

From my standpoint, I say get together with friends and enjoy Jesus' Spirit yourselves, without the hassle of the Watchtower.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thanks for that Dakota And for the most part I completely agree
    with that. The basic reason for this post was see how many are really serious about wanting to attend the memorial this year. There are still a lot of people Xjws or even never-has-beens that still have a desire to go there even if its only ONce a year to pay respect to Jesus and it really doesn't matter that its a KH because this isn't about JWs at all its about Jesus, and observing his memorial nothing more nothing less. i've ran into a few people who never attend even though they would like to and I think its really sad that they don't go because of how they've been made to feel and when you feel singled out its even worse. A lot of people couldn't care less one way or the other and then some do care. It's a personal thing. I just get really mad about it. nobody should have to deal with petty crap like that especially the one day a year that Jesus asked us(those who believe)to observe.
    As far as reasons to go to a KH for this, probably one reason could be a lot of us were a part of this custome for our entire lives and its familure What ever the reasons there only important to each one in there own way and it has nothing to do with anyone else. That maybe the point, odviously a point that the wts overlooked. It wouldn't hurt to remind them of that once a year. It might even feel pretty good. But it probably won't fly anyway.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Well, plm, if someone really wants to go, as you said, it is their business. Personally, I think you can pay respects to Jesus any time of the year and anywhere, not at specific times. Since the majority don't partake anyway, but sit by and observe some who claim to be special partake, I would opt to honor Jesus one on one. If it is a personal issue with you and you wish to go, then go and the hell with the elders. They are just men and Jesus is God's Son.

If any were to get up and walk away from you, just say a polite thank you and go about your business. None of us need their crap.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

With me personally I always want to attend and probably will continue to until they all fall down. As far as the other 384 days not really concerned.
    I never associate with anyone when I go anyway, If they were shunning me I wouldn't even notice.
    I do think your right, but I still like to go.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I have a question for you.

Do you really think Jesus expects you to be at a Kingdomhall for the memorial of his death?

In my opinion as worthless as it may be to you, I don't believe he would expect you to be at any certain place at a certain time to show respect for him and what he did.

Ranchette

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hey there Ranchette

No, I don't recall saying that anywhere.
    But thanks for the post
    plm

• terafera
    terafera

I dont know about going to the Memorial.. but heck, I'd love to meet any of you!!

Just let me know when and where and I'm there!! I'd get a kick out of all of you

I think it's a sweet idea Plmcrzy.. very thoughtful!

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

plmkrzy,

I guess what I was thinking is if you want to go and you can do it without feeling abused or mistreated in some way by others then go for it if it's what you want.

But many of us can't even think of entering a KH without emotional trama even if we had company.

It is a relief to me to know it is not required that I be at a KH during the Memorial.
    I'm sorry if what I'm saying is not what your looking for.

Well at least I didn't hurt you.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit