What wrong with being a witch?

by free2beme 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ohhh, that is a typical mis-perception...

Besides, Satanists are worshipping a Christian demi-god, so in a twisted way, they're validating the attitudes and behaviors of characters in the bible...

Me, I like to go WAAAAAY back beyond the Bronze-Age period of the bible... Say, around two hundred thousand years or more... I prefer to worship one of the first divinities...

Christians are so ignorant of the origins of their own religion, it's absolutely pitiful...

Zid

• Twitch
    Twitch

I dated a witch years ago, not long after leaving. It was intriguing and an interesting departure from the beliefs I was trying to escape. Dabbled a bit in shamanism out of an interest in my "ancestors". The beliefs are very much "in tune" with nature with a focus on positive energy/vibes. Nothing to do with Satan at all.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What's wrong with being a witch? You would weigh the same as a duck, for one...

• free2beme
    free2beme

Always enjoy a Grail quote!!!! :)

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist
    Besides, Satanists are worshipping a Christian demi-god, so in a twisted way, they're validating the attitudes and behaviors of characters in the bible...

Laveyan Satanism, at least, is more of a worship of yourself. Satan is a symbol, not a God.

There is nothing wrong with being a witch... Ignorant Christians are ignorant. What else is new?

• free2beme
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I am intrigued and would like to learn more about Wicca.

Nature has always held for me a special spiritual experience as I have had some very close relationships with some of the different animals that have graced my life as well as unique experiences in nature. I feel far more connected with it than I do with people. People can be untruthful (and all of us have had our fair share of that from the WTS) but with animals, there are no untruths.

• Violia
    Violia

Enjoy tarot, native american emphasis on animals, nature and ancestors. I have native american heritage so that feels right for me. I have never investigated Wicca seriously. Seems like a lot of work, but can't disagree with the nature aspect.

I also like spiritualism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit