following Re: new feature and brotherdans comment

by booby 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

***w071/1p.30par.18"TheFirstResurrection"-NowUnderWay***

Will all the anointed receive their heavenly reward before the war of Armageddon? We do not know.

He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.

I know that technically Armageddon is the conclusion of the great tribulation and they are now saying other anointed ones who would see the start of it, but it still is funny how much they learn in a few years.

• pirata
    pirata

The light gets logarithmically brighter as the end nears!

• JWoods
    JWoods

So now it looks like not only are David, Ezekial, and Daniel NOT going to get resurrected to live in this old system of things in that California mansion Rutherford had built for them, ----

But now they are not really even sure that Rutherford himself has been raised up to heaven?

If I am reading this confusing mess half way correctly???

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident
    in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.

Two magic words in the WBT$..

"Evident and Evidently"..

The most used words when the WBT$ has No Evidence to provide..

Everyone is just supposed to OoooH and Awwwww..At a complete lack of any intelligent communication..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

It really is lunacy for a religion to have to recreate and redefine practically a dozen times over the space of a hundred years exactly what happens to people when they die.

Especially when you consider that this is the main (if not the only) function of a religion.

• pirata
    pirata

The 2007 quote is saying that we do not know if all the annointed will die before the start of Armageddon, or if some would see the start of armageddon.

The second quote is concerning the start of The Great Tribulation.

The "Faithful Slave" teaches that Armageddon is the Climax of the Great Tribulation. The great tribulation starts, continues for a while, and then the War of Armageddon climaxes and ends the Great Tribulation.

As you mentioned, the two quotes above do not really conflict, but lead one to the conclusion that some annointed would be around to see the start of the Great Tribulation, but it is not known if they will receive their "heavenly reward" before the climax of the Great Tribulation (Armageddon).

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The 2007 quote is saying that we do not know if all the annointed will die before the start of Armageddon, or if some would see the start of armageddon.

The second quote is concerning the start of The Great Tribulation.

The "Faithful Slave" teaches that Armageddon is the Climax of the Great Tribulation. The great tribulation starts, continues for a while, and then the War of Armageddon climaxes and ends the Great Tribulation.

As you mentioned, the two quotes above do not really conflict, but lead one to the conclusion that some annointed would be around to see the start of the Great Tribulation, but it is not known if they will receive their "heavenly reward" before the climax of the Great Tribulation (Armageddon).

This is a major reason why JWs can hardly ever explain this stuff when pressed.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that the marriage of the bride takes place shortly after the great tribulation starts, but will not say that all 144,000 will be in heaven to participate (requiring that they have died and been resurrected to heaven). I find it difficult to believe that some will miss their wedding in heaven. The WTS has even suggested that some will live through Armageddon and live some years on earth (also means they will miss their wedding). But rest assured the WTS always leaves open both possibilities. The WTS even says that the survivors on earth will know the names of all the 144,000 and that they are in heaven.! Sorry no quotes at work.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The most shocking thing in that article, for me at least, was their claim that new light comes from the resurrected annointed ones. So...that means that old Ted isn't done with his crazy rules!!! He's now enforcing them as a spirit!!!

• pirata
    pirata
    This is a major reason why JWs can hardly ever explain this stuff when pressed.

Exactly. I never actually consciously thought about that until I took a closer look at this post. I had also forgotten the stuff blondie mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit