What is?

by getingout 10 Replies latest jw friends

• getingout
    getingout

The sickest thing you every witnessed in your KH?

Me:

Sept 16th, the Brothers and Sisters were talking about the WTC crashes. They felt it was a sure sign that this system of things is about to end. They were so happy that sunday after noon,not because of the victims who lost their lives but because this wicked old system was sure to end now. I began to think: What about my family and friends who are not in? They have good hearts will they really die just because they didn't listen to the JWS? After all these years of preaching this now I have to ask myself do I truly believe it?

I guess not it's one of the many reasons I am leaving..

• LB
    LB

One of the most difficult thing for me to think about, when I attended, was the death of millions or billions of innocent people. I did not equate that with a loving God.

Good luck on your journey gettingout. It's not always an easy path.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• getingout
    getingout

Note: the topic reads "what is" it should have been "what was" sorry about the mistake :(

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

There is no question in my mind that the sickest thing I ever had to endure was a situation that happened in our Kingdom Hall during the meeting where everyone watched in horror as a JW mother was beating her mentally challenged son for running up on the stage during the meeting and hiding in the supply closet. She forced the door open right in front of everyone and beat him with a belt for about two or three minutes. You could hear him screaming and the belt hitting his back.

It even stunned the corporal punishment freaks at that time (back then the WTS was heavy on a heavy hand) and the only damn complaint that was made about it was that it upset the guy giving the talk so much that it took him about 3 minutes to stop shaking so badly to start his talk again.

How did our congregation solve this problem? Simple, they built a sound proof beating room for the kids. The bastards.

Skipper

• getingout
    getingout

One of the most difficult thing for me to think about, when I attended, was the death of millions or billions of innocent people. I did not equate that with a loving God. LB

I am having a problem with that too. I never really thought about it before that day.

• terafera
    terafera

My sick story? Well one of em..

My best friend (a sister) and I drove down to Seattle for a week long trip. We didnt know ANYONE in Wa, so we drove to Olympia and attended the Memorial there. We were so spiritually 'rev'd' up.. we couldnt wait to meet our fellow brothers and sisters in Washington!

We get to the Hall a little late, since we got lost. Everyone is singing the song and we ask the attendants for help in finding a seat. They just look at us blank faced (as though we were going to mug him!). So we go to the back of the Hall and wedge ourselves in a row. There were tons of stares the whole meeting. The person next to us even looked like he didnt know if he should pass the wine and bread to us. Jerk.

Then after the meeting.. we stand there. NOT A ONE would talk to us! Stares and looks, but no one would talk to us. We even tried to approach some but they looked so engaged in a conversation we sheepishly left. As we got into the car, I mentioned we were visiting from Alaska and needed help as to how to get on the main highway (we were heading back home that night). I was hoping this would start a nice conversation and make us new friends. He shone the flashlight in our eyes and told us to just head out on the road in front of us and walked away. Needless to say, we didnt feel so spiritually rev'd when we left. We were totally depressed.

The next night we hung out at a bar in Canada... it was the most fun we ever had!

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Skipper,
    That is truly horrible, but sadly, not surprising from what I witnessed during KH meetings. I sat behind one sister who continually thumped her little baby on the head with a pencil everytime he wiggled or fussed -- and I don't mean gentle taps either -- she really bonked him good. As far as I know, no one ever counseled her to stop doing it.

The worst thing I saw was a skit put on by a young brother during the ministerial school meeting in the early 70's. The theme was "being ready when Armaggedon comes" and the setting was right after Armaggedon. It was a pantomime where he walked back and forth on the stage pretending to pick up things and drop them in a bucket. He asked the audience to guess what it was. With big cheerful grin, he informed us it was the bones and skulls of all the people killed at judgement day (bones picked clean, of course, by all the vultures). Most people chuckled at the hilarity. But my friend sitting next to me was not so amused and went home in tears. Since none of her family were "in the truth", she got an overwhelmingly vivid visual that the bones were those of her mother, father, and siblings.

The young man who put on the skit later went to Bethel and came back a broken man, like Randy and some others here. I wonder if he ever felt sorry about that cruel, thoughtless little skit.

HH

• LB
    LB

OK, since we've starting talking about violence in the hall I'll tell you my one story. This was a bit funny, but not altogether funny of course.

One 14 year old boy was giving a talk in the "rear" school. He went overtime so the elder tapped his pencil to get him to stop. On his way to the back wall of hte school the boy tapped the elders desk, thinking it was funny. I thought it was funny. Dad didn't agree with me. So when his son got to the back wall, dad reached over to hit his kid, HARD. He wanted to land on on his chest or arm I guess. Well he didn't realize it but a smaller boy, about 8 or 9 was standing in between them. Well he got hit by dad's arm in the head.

The small boy starting crying and staggering all over the place. He really wasn't hit all that hard, but, it was a shock and this boy had probably never been hit before in his life.

Oh Dad, what happened to him? Became a MS before you knew it.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• OBVES
    OBVES

I just by curiosity visit here and am wondering how in the world you being as a Jehovah's Witness ,so the Bible Student it is understood,could ever have thought of people as innocent !!! We are all sinners and we all deserve to die. Where did you find innocent poeple around you? How many times I could think I desrve a death for what I have done in my life !!!

• getingout
    getingout

Would someone please explain the following statement...:)

just by curiosity visit here and am wondering how in the world you being as a Jehovah's Witness ,so the Bible Student it is understood,could ever have thought of people as innocent !!! We are all sinners and we all deserve to die. Where did you find innocent poeple around you? How many times I could think I desrve a death for what I have done in my life !!!OBVES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit