Forehead or Hand - JWs?

by ablebodiedman 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Livingbreeze
    Livingbreeze

Ok, let's see, "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." How did Peter obey this command when he said, "..., Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)?

Where is the name of the Father, why is he not mentioned, And what is the name of the Holy Ghost? How does the name of Jesus Christ cover all three? Peter said to baptize in the name of Jesus Christ!!! When a dedication is made by a Jehovah's witness, is the name of Jesus Christ mentioned?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Livingbreeze, Yes the name of Jesus is mentioned in a JW baptism BUT the Holy Spirit is not!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This film is just as much superstitious bunk as what the WT produces.

You are all still missing the point.

"The BEAST" represents man's rule. Man dominates others through commerce, religion, and politics. In the end, we will all have to choose whether we will accept man's dominating rule over us or the freedom that was given to us by our Creator---not man made gods that must be "served".

"The BEAST" represents man's brutal, animal nature. Those who support the dictates of man's rule are those who follow the beast. They have the words and laws of mans written in their brains, and his documents in his hand.

Those who oppose the BEAST will have the "laws" of the Creator written in their hearts. And those laws are of a higher nature and very simple. It is the "law" of love and it is not a written rule, but one that comes from the heart.

Those who follow The BEAST accept his dictates of war, bloodshed, and divisions among people. Look at all of the divisions in that system----right wing- left wing politics, which in actuality are both on the same bird; the divisions of religions; the divisions of class distinctions and status; the divisions caused by nationalism and patriotic pride; racism; the list goes on and on.

If you don't share in those principles, you must make a formal declaration, otherwise, your silence, even lack of participation is taken as support and acquiesence. Otherwise, it is considered binding on you and that you are consentual.

According to the Law of Nations, there are three divisions of law: voluntary, which is presumed consent; conventional law, which is express consent; and customary law, which is tacit consent.

We have all been trapped and deceived into accepting this BEAST system in some manner. And you must wash the blood from your robes with a formal declaration.

• Farkel
    Farkel

It's refreshing to see someone else come up with a pile of shit as big as the WTS pile of shit.

Farkel

• Livingbreeze
    Livingbreeze

I did ask, "Why did Peter not mention the Father?" Here are his words again, "..., Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38) He does not even say in the name of the Father or Holy Ghost, just the name of Jesus Christ, though he does mention the Holy Ghost, he does not mention the Father. Please read my post again. How does the name of Jesus Christ consist of an agreement with the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost? How did Peter obey this command without mentioning the Father? cameo-d, I'd like to hear your answer also, you sound like a Jehovah's witness by your post.

"God's spirit-directed organization", not just an organization, an organized group of people, but "God's spirit-directed" organization. How is this an omission of God's spirit, the Holy Spirit?

• Livingbreeze
    Livingbreeze

Sorry about the small letters, this bunks on me sometimes

• Livingbreeze
    Livingbreeze

They could just as well have said, God's spirit-directed Christian congregation (which has an organizational structure, "let all things be done decently and in order")

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Livingbreeze:

"God's spirit-directed organization", not just an organization, an organized group of people, but "God's spirit-directed" organization. How is this an omission of God's spirit, the Holy Spirit?

My reply: The leadership of JW's is God's holy Spirit?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Question: When (what year) did they change that baptism question to what it is now?

I'm trying to figure out if I was baptized with this or the old version... I was baptized in ....err... early 90's.

• isaacaustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit