Would I get sued for publishing a fictional book about Bethel-Brooklyn?

by Joliette 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

Typo...should of said 'release' lol.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

This type of writing has been done, but if you use names of real places, then you must make a statement that the storyine itself is fictional...the names of the people involved should be changed, but the places can be real, and the way they operate can be real as with any other business you can write about..or religion for that matter.

I have been thinking alot lately about writing a compilation of true storiss--real life experiences that occur among the WTS members and ex-members. I wanted--with permission by their tellers, to take stories (like from this forum) and publish them. Still thinking... I believe these experiences should be available to everyone and could be very helpful for those on the fence.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Write freely and only during editing worry about changing names and places. Good luck and be sure to let us know how you get on - I'm sure you'll get huge support here.

MMXIV

• teel
    teel

About publishing: just bought my first Kindle, and as I see it, it's a haven for new writers. You can easily find the books right from your device, Amazon is a very popular shop, hundreds of thousands are using it daily from all over the world, and I think publishing your book there is much easier than on paper, and you get a much better exposure. It's sort of like iTunes for books.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Since many JW families and members do not have access to a computer, and if they do, keep it limited...hard copy books will still be needed. You can hide in a backroom with a book..take it to the park, read on the lania, or stuff it in your jacket for later and you cannot be tracked for reading it. No history files to delete. So if I write one....I am putting it in hard copy. I want those who want to know but are afraid, to be able to have that liberty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit