T"he Lord says we must cover our territory 4 times in 6 months" - 1943 WT - no excuses

by Bonnie_Clyde 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

marking

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see where in the Bible they came up with these numbers. How can they say that a special pio-sneer, in 175 hours a month, needs to make 50 return visits? Or, where do they get the idea that the average person can do 60 hours, 12 return visits, and one study in a month? Remember, there was a major war going on at the time, and resources were scarce because of that. And completing the territory 4 times in 6 months is just about impossible--where in the Bible did they come up with that?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I just found the original 7-1-43 Watchtower in my closet and can confirm this quote is exactly as it was originally written on pp. 205-206. They were much more dogmatic back then--not saying they're not dogmatic now, they just sweeten it up a little more.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am glad that you posted the last comment Bonnie-Clyde, since the quote has spelling mistakes . I was beginning to doubt its authority. I guess it was typed out again for the 'net. I think we would need the original to show to a Witness.

If a "Publisher" was the same then as it is now....60 hours a month minimum??? WOW!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    I think we would need the original to show to a Witness.

If I knew how to scan, I would.

• adonai
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

They were lucky to get 60 minutes a month out of me--which point I forcibly drove home in 2005 when they lost even that. And, I don't give a fxxx that I had close to zero "back calls" (return visits) or studies.

• TrueScript
    TrueScript

Setting this aside, something I've never understood as a JW is how the GB is spirit directed. How are we to know which things are from Jehovah and which are from imperfect men? What are Jehovah's means by which he makes use of them when they are not inspired? Has an answer to this ever been attempted? I don't recall one.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is an amazing article.

The Lord, through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months." That becomes our organization instructions and has the same binding force on us that his statement to the Logos had when he said, "Let us make man in our image." It is our duty to accept this additional instruction and obey it.

The arrogance is breathtaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit