January Watchtower sets ambitious target for growth!

by slimboyfat 36 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Individual Action toward Increase

7 When we look at our task and the results thus far, the per cent increase for all nations on the average is splendid; but if we are going to see Kingdom interests increase as we have never seen it before, what must we do during the year 2011? Individually, we cannot bring in a half a publisher or a third of a publisher, but we can, as publishers of the new world, aid another creature to understand God’s purposes, help him in going out in the work, grounding him well in the truth, and letting him see his privilege of being a minister of the Most High to join in this great shout like that of thunder and sing praises that Jehovah is King. By Jehovah’s undeserved kindness a far greater crowd will sing these praises before Armageddon, and Jehovah’s Witnesses will share in gathering them. Would it not be well, then, for every one of Jehovah’s Witnesses today to try to help at least one person to gain sufficient knowledge of the truth during the coming year so as to aid him to become a regular publisher? We may have to conduct many studies to gain one for the truth; but if we are able to do this and everyone made it their goal, regardless of in what land, territory, city, village or countryside they live, the number of publishers would be doubled by the end of the service year.

8 Every congregation will continue to strive for increase as it has in previous years, but it should not stop at that. Why not, in addition, have every congregation, by the Jehovah’s undeserved kindness, strive for at least a 34 per cent increase on its peak number of publishers? In other words, let every congregation take the peak of publishers that it had during last year and add 34 per cent to that and make that your quota for your peak to be reached during your 2011 service year. If every congregation, circuit or branch, can accomplish this, it will mean that by the end of 2011 we will have well over 9 million interested in preaching this good news of the Kingdom. That will mean 9,779,651 persons, to be exact; surely a great crowd whose voice will sound like many waters and like heavy thunder, proclaiming that “Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as king”.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Precisely 34% ? LMAO

• wasblind
    wasblind

In paragraph 8, this is corporate talk more than it is religion.

• baltar447
    baltar447

WTF, is this for real?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ok, I call the article bullcrap. I've caught some errors in it and wording that the writing department would not use.

• pirata
    pirata

Please cite the source of the article.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sounds like the corporate figureheads need a 34 % increase in contributions/magazine sales to stay afloat. Fall is budgeting time in most corporations.....

• sherah
    sherah

If this article is for real, sounds like the pressure is on each individual dub to aid the Borg in reaching the 10 million mark by 2014.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Didn't find the January 2011 on the offical site of the WT, so I don't know if I should believe this. It's seems a little bit toooo exagerated.

• cantleave
    cantleave

HaHa!!!!!!!

34%? Hopefully that will be the decrease.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit