tell me how to preview

by bigmac 15 Replies latest social current

• bigmac
    bigmac

@aude --ha ha! it was just a silly photo-montage of a famous person i found on Facebook & somehow managed to C & P on here.

still it might have been considered offensive either to Borat or the Roman Catholic church. i dont know

perhaps you might care to ask the mod, who removed it!

oh & it can be seen on FB on exjwc@fe if you're interested.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, BigMac!!

To "preview" your post, there is a button near the far right of the second row, a paper with magnifying glass...

Unfortunately, I don't think that shows photographs... But it should let you know if your type/font has misbehaved...

Technically, this question should have been addressed in the "Technical help and Support" section, just to get technical on you...

Wish I'd seen the photo - maybe...

If you are posting photos from website photo hosting sites, there are two or more threads on that subject in the "Technical Help & Support" section, too...

Hope this helps...

Zid

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Bigmac wrote: oh & it can be seen on FB on exjwc@fe if you're interested.

Nope. Not interested at all.

It's just very unusual for a 'sincere' poster who is just barely recovering legitimacy from another thread to start a new one featuring inappropriate photos.

I would think that if you were indeed sincere in your desire to help others, you would have better sense than that.

-Aude.

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ aude sapere:

gulp! where do i start? i posted 1 daft photo--not photos--i found on FB---had you seen it you might have laughed at it before deciding it was inappropriate, but then you're" not interested at all"

i had forgottten this site is open to the public & so the moderator may have considered the photo could have caused offence to someone/somewhere although i would have thought most exjw's would have laughed at it.

as regards my" barely recovering legitimacy"--sorry, i didn't realise i had been put on reproof--i thought i had left that behind me decades ago.

@ ziddina: thanks for your advice: i will try & PM you the offending item.

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

?????????????? @ AudeSapere

What planet are you on ??? Seems to me that you still have the stiff neck attitude that should have been left behind when you exited the JW's! This image was hilarious...

Seems to me that their is a tumor in your humor & that you need to lighten up....

I thought this site allowed freedom of expression & allowed freeness of speech. If what had been posted was considered Regligious 'hate' then I can understand but it wasnt so I really dont see the issue.

(Both me & Bigmac are English, now I thought we were meant to be the ones who were Stiff Upper Lipped & Straight laced, obviously this isnt the case....)

Time to 'Chill Out' me thinks ......

• cantleave
    cantleave

Big Mac - apparently this board was scammed by someone called Trevor a few years back, so some on here are synical about new posters. By new I mean anyone who hasn't been posting since 2006.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit