What would you think if?

by getingout 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

ERich: end of the world.

• Gopher
    Gopher

SexyTeen,

So do you think the "end of the world" would mean the destruction of over 6 billion people who didn't listen to Jehovah's Witnesses, and that there's nobody worth saving outside the JW organization? Or does the "end of the world" mean something ELSE to you?

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

Also, they would be bloodguilty, for all of their scary policies.

ashi

• Erich
    Erich

sexyTeen:

Erich: end of the world.

Hi.
    I am active JW too, since 1984 baptized.

Let me explain: My hope is the transformation of the current world-situation, and the establishing of a new righteous world order where no wars, hunger, and diseases are existing, and where the death will disappear. That´s the prophecy of the bible.

Further, the bible tells us, that the wicked ones would have no everlasting future in that new system called Kingdom of God. They are not allowed to live forever in the same way as the good ones.

Thats clear because we cannot need fights, wars and destructions again when we are on the way to build our new paradise here on earth with the help of God.

That`s the main message of the bible.

But I DO NOT THINK THAT 6 BILLIONS OF PEOPLE WILL GET DESTROYED IN ARMAGEDDON THROUGH A GREAT SLAUGHTER.

That`s nonsense. Jehovah is a kind and merciful God, and HIS intention is that as many people as possible should survive to the new world system.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    But I DO NOT THINK THAT 6 BILLIONS OF PEOPLE WILL GET DESTROYED IN ARMAGEDDON THROUGH A GREAT SLAUGHTER.

That`s nonsense. Jehovah is a kind and merciful God, and HIS intention is that as many people as possible should survive to the new world system

Erich:

Does that mean that righteous people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon?

Ajax

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

Gopher: Yes, it means what you said. Scary thought ain't it? I believe that many will die during the great tribulation, when governments turn against world religions. There is no way that religious leaders will just sit there while the UN closes them down. They will fight and lose. After that, Jehovah will turn his attention against all man governments and all that support them. Seeing how patriotic people can be, that will mean billions will support their governments, putting themselves against Jehovah's Kingdom. So they will die also.

• Erich
    Erich

AjaxMan:

I believe, yes.

Because my opinion is that the "Great Trib" and "Armageddon" will show a complete different face than actually expected by the former JW`s. The bible does not fail, but the insight does.

• Erich
    Erich

SexyTeen:

I did already post this in an earlier thread:

My opinion is that Jehovah would have had much better "timing" to destroy all sorts of mankind in Armageddon IN EARLIER times and political affairs and wars.

Think at the end of WWI or WWII, or when the Cuba-crisis (nuclear-bombs!) was, or at the time when the former Soviet-Union collapsed (1990).

He did not. When you are very sensitive and listen carefully, then you can see, that God is rather calming the situation, than to heat and escalate it.

His intention is, THAT MOST OF ALL PEOPLE WORLDWIDE SHOULD SURVIVE !!

• Gopher
    Gopher

SexyTeen,

Thank you for replying. Actually, you're at the point where I was about 3 years ago or so.

But since I've lost my connection to JW's (and no I have not gone off the deep end!!), I have come to see that there are many, many Christlike people outside the JW organization.

Keep reading, and you'll see that JW's don't have the one and only truth from God. And that there are "wheat" and "weeds" among all peoples of earth, not just JW's. Armageddon is a threat they use to instill fear in their people.

You may not believe it now, but read Crisis of Conscience, and keep reading this board. The truth will make itself known to you.

I wish dearly JW's had the truth, for I gave them 39 years of my life. But they don't, so I've had to go discover for myself what makes sense and is true, without the help of the WT Society.

And so it goes.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit