What would you think if?

by getingout 28 Replies latest jw friends

• getingout
    getingout

If a dud came to your door and said, we no longer shun ex members let's become friends again

If the WT said the preaching work has ended.

If WT encouraged the members to vote in all elections

If the blood ban was removed

If the WT annouced it was okay to celebrate holidays.

If the WT said, more than 144,000 will live in heaven

How would you react towards witnesses? Would you consider going back, think it was a trick, what?

I just felt like putting these crazy thoughts out there.

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

If a dud came to your door and said, we no longer shun ex members let's become friends again

>I highly doubt this would happen.

If the WT said the preaching work has ended.

>I'd be excited because the end is here.

>I would be upset that they are now part of the world.

>I would leave the organization because they would not be following Jehovah's instructions that are in the Bible.

>I would also leave because this would be a sign that they are just like any other religion that follows traditions of men instead of the Bible.

If the WT said, more than 144,000 will live in heaven

>I would ask for Biblical proof.

This are just my sincere answers. Good questions.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

SexyTeen,

If your response is that you'd "leave the organization because they aren't following Jehovah's instructions from the Bible", then you should prepare yourself to leave today. They already do many things that go against the Bible's standards.

Andi

• notoriousmadman
    notoriousmadman

Hi sexyteen :-)

• getingout
    getingout

This are just my sincere answers. SexyTeen

Sincere is good :)

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

GetingOut,
    That would be great news for the people in the borg and those who care to go back. But the WT would still hold no appeal for me, sorry. I have better things to do with my life than five meetings a week, even in a kindler, gentler borg. Like smell the flowers, hang out with a real friend, read the Sunday paper, surf the internet .....you know the drill.

HH

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I would think that the dude who came to my door was sniffing glue before he came and rang my door bell....

I would still not go back.

Remember the education issue? The subjection issue? The smoking issue? The UN issue? The 1975 issue? There are so many other issues that remain.

I love being an apostate! I can live a moral life without the WTBTS police watching every move! I do not have a doomsday mindset anymore! If I am going to "fry"-oh well!

• Snowflake
    Snowflake

Regardless of how much the WT slacked on it's rules I would never go back. Their very existence is based on every characteristic I despise, them coming to my door and saying such things would just be further proof of their ongoing hypocrisy.

• BQE
    BQE

>I would be upset that they are now part of the world.

may I suggest you do some research about the voting issue in France...aparently, the WTS does encourage witnesses to vote there (NY Times July 5 1998)

>I would leave the organization because they would not be following Jehovah's instructions that are in the Bible.

Where in the bible does it say this? Before I left the org, it was according to "scriptures" that witnesses were not allowed to receive or donate organs. 15 years later I discovered that ban was lifted. Who is to say that sometime soon the blood ban wont be lifted? There is no biblical basis for the ban, just like there was no basis for the ban on organ donation.

>I would also leave because this would be a sign that they are just like any other religion that follows traditions of men instead of the Bible.

They already are like any other religion and they already do follow the traditions of the Governing Body. Many years ago they did celebrate holidays, and I think that many still secretly do.

• moneypenny
    moneypenny

If they said the blood ban was removed it would probably be to late to go back, surely that would be the end for the Organisation!!!! thats why they will never do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit