I want to partake at the Memorial!

by BQE 59 Replies latest jw friends

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

CAN I ask what is the reason(s) for partaking anyway at your local KHs??...there are other churches that U can go to inorder to observe EASTER--I am being very serious about this guys--positively I am being about this..THEN you could have your own MEMORIAL (wine nd unleaven bread) and invite a few close non-JW friends and family and then later have a pot luck supper..AND really enjoy yourselves.. THIS is what it is all about is it not??? BTW I have in another site mentioned DAN HALL -- believe me there is no conection between DAN of REVEAL MINISTRIES and FREDRICK HALL none once so ever

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Concerned:

The memorial takes place on the date of Nisan 14 of the Hebrew calendar, which (since the Hebrew calendar is based on the moon cycles) corresponds roughly to the first full moon after the spring equinox. This year, I believe it is in late March.

The unleavened bread is usually passed on a small plate, and the wine is usually in a regular wine glass.

The only ones who partake of these emblems are the remaining members of the 144,000. There are about 8,700 who profess to be of this number, today. They believe that, when they die, they will go to heaven to reign as kings and priests alongside Jesus. They also believe that Armaggedon will come while some of them are still alive. For every partaker, there will be almost 2000 JW's who just pass the bread and wine.

They know they are of the "anointed", because "God's spirit bears witness with their spirit". In other words, they just get a feeling and they know they are of this group.

If you go far, far back into anthropoligical history, you will find that primitive pagan tribes commonly held the ritual of eating their God. (For example, see "Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jane Auel - a book of anthropological fiction that mentions this). Christianity has adopted this practice, calling it communion, and using a slightly more sophisticated methodology. JW's have copied the Christian custom, and added their own rather transparent modifications.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thank you, Running man, for the information. So, if there are only about 8700 people allowed to have communion (my Anglican background is showing) is there Kingdom Halls all over where they just pass the emblems around and NO ONE is allowed to have any? I mean, this bread and wine is pretty sacred stuff isn't it? What do they do with it then if nobody is allowed to have any at that particular Kingdom Hall? What are they going to do when the annointed all die, because aren't they all elderly? I'm so confused!!!!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

well it is like this--there are many congregations that have no annointed in them but they still pass the emblems around--untouched hopefully -- then they doggy bag it all and FED-EX it to RANDY WATTERS just in time for his 50th B/D July 22nd..ooops did I tell a secret???

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

RunningMan got me wondering... does the WTS keep track of the number of "anointed" ones who have died? If so, how many are on record? What will happen when they approach and surpass the 144,000 number?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I can answer this one.

At my old congregation I attended for 18 years.. we had NO anointed.

They would go out and buy unleavened crackers.. I forget the brand. Pass it around and some cheap wine and no one of 350 or so attendees EVER partaked.

There you have it. Large group meets to sit and listen to an ongoing lame 45minute talk. After that they then get passed "emblems" no one partakes. Thirdly, because it is the "only" celebration JW are encouraged to have annually, most would go out for dinner after the Memorial to a fancy restaurant as a group.

I imagine that was the norm in most locales.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Statistically speaking, about 14 congregations out of 15 will have no partakers. Personally, I have not seen anyone partake for 20 years.

The wine and unleavened bread are taken home by whoever brought them. I can recall my mother baking the bread some years (from a recipe in the WT). I got to try some at home. It wasn't bad.

I have always found, though, that the aroma of the wine is tantalizing. Dry red wine that is passed around a room in an open glass can be very aromatic, especially when it is in a sterile room like a kingdom hall. I always feel like a good snort of wine after a memorial.

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Hmmm, I guess that it was just where I grew up. I can recall two or three partakers at any given memorial... one of which is my mom.

What is interesting is that my mom is just about the most tolerant of my atheism than anyone else.

Even still, the WTS will "nickel and dime" itself to the 144,000 mark... time, that’s all that is needed, enough time.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOME OLD fart sins big time do they no longer feel up to going to heaven any longer..THERE was one elderly couple in Glendale, Cal. (guilt by association) he was of the annoined so he says but his wife so he said was not--well I claim the reverse was the case cuz he was the grand puba of schmucks..

• gumby
    gumby

NOWHERE in the scriptures will you anything different than .... ALL... true christians should share and participate in this event!

Jesus said: "unless you drink of my blood and eat of my flesh........you have no sharing with me"

Does anyone honestly think he WAS SAYING...."what I mean is...a sharing in my "HEAVENLY KINGDOM". I still mean I love the "GREAT CROWD" too.

Read the new Testement from another good translation ..apart from any WT literature..and see if anyone could concieve of anything different than all believers should share in this meal.

The whole Great Crowd doctrine came from yours truely J.F.Rutherford
    Why do you think that the only two scritures on this used by the society is John.10:16 and Rev. 7:9. (These they grossly misrepresent)

Look up the last cited two scriptures in ANY bible commentary and see if you can find ONE scholar who would come even close to that interpretation of those two scriptures.

Drink and eat....but I wouldn't advise doing it at the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit