I want to partake at the Memorial!

by BQE 59 Replies latest jw friends

• BQE
    BQE

It's been a strong desire of mine for the 20 some odd years since I've beeb DF'd.

What do you guys think? Should I go this year and make everyone's jaw drop?? Any advice as to what I should say if I am interrogated?

• terafera
    terafera

well if you tell them beforehand, they will promptly remove you.

I guess when they pass it, if you take a sip and a bite, they will go into convulsions and promptly remove you.

Either way, let us know what you do!!!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

BQE<

It is up to Jehovah and you on this matter.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I don't have any suggestions on what to do if interrogated, but the thought amuses me. It's not like you're going to be standing up and cheering. You're going to quietly partake-and shock the whole damn hall.

You might want to get your get out of jail free card out of your pocket, though, if they're mad enough.

ashi

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Dont bother mate! - if you want a drink of wine their are much better bars, and no less full of spirit.

It pains me to say that after attending Memorials best part of my life , even conducting them, and always past I felt it really was something special, now I see the special feeling is imparted by those who want it to be special, not from God.

Keep your feet on the ground.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi BQE,

I know a few ex-jws who have gone to the KH and partaken. I do not know where you are spiritually but you might want to consider the scripture about "you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons"

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • BQE
    BQE
    you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons

Im not sure I understand........

• Xena
    Xena

lol well I know a little demon inside me that would get a kick out of doing it myself..lol but I also know I don't have the nerve! I would suggest sitting myself in the middle of a row in the middle of the hall..between people with babies or elderly people..making it difficult for them to reach you when they realize what you are going to do.....after all with all those potential studies there they wouldn't want to cause a ruckus..now would they?

• terafera
    terafera

FredHall said:

BQE<

It is up to Jehovah and you on this matter.

Oh come on....GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Seriously, do you really believe what you just wrote?? If a Disfellowshipped person attended a Memorial and partook, do you think everyone there would shrug their shoulders and say, 'well it really is between BQE and Jehovah.'

Puuleeze!! You know as well as anyone that there would be shock, uproar and whispers. The attendants would probably look to an elder for permission to remove him.

Please use honesty when posting! If you seriously believe what you wrote then you are not a JW.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

You know I am not df'd but I do have a strong desire to partake also. I never understood why everyone doesn't partake. I can't find any scriptures that say you should just pass the wine and bread it says take eat...take drink. Do you think they would df'd if I partook? I'm thinking of having a small memorial celebration at my home. What do you guys think. About a month ago I went to an Episcopal church so that I could take holy communion I just really feel it is a way of demonstrating my faith in Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit