How about a "Watchtower and Awake" BURNING party!!!

by johnnyblazedog 21 Replies latest social humour

• undercover
    undercover

I always thought that the thin paper in the Bible might make good rolling papers...

• steve2
    steve2

The history of book burning is one of religious intolerance and persecutory hatred. Go to it if that kind of outlook suits you.

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

steve2-I guess since I was persecuted and emotionally abused by the Jduds for most of my young life, as well them taking my family, my so called friends and my first true love when I got the boot I would call the literature burning even.

undercover-I thought the same about the rolling papers-LOL

• steve2
    steve2

steve2-I guess since I was persecuted and emotionally abused by the Jduds for most of my young life,

as

well them taking my family, my so called friends

and my first true love when I got the boot I would call the literature burning even.

Fair enough I suppose. I acknowledge you've been really hurt by them. Yet, your line of reasoning is a common justification for people doing all sorts of negative stuff to others because those others did bad stuff to them in the first place.

I'd just wonder why you'd give them the satisfaction of sinking to their tactics?

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I'd just wonder why you'd give them the satisfaction of sinking to their tactics?

Isn't that where the rubber always meets the road?

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

steve2- Im thinking if I burn enough literature I might keep some other poor souls from getting sucked in to the brain wash and getting their whole lives ruined by their beliefs.

And yes I do justify getting back at someone if they deliberately hurt you, I mean if someone bends me over and tries to screw me raw with no Vaseline I got 2 options, either ask them to at least spit on it for lubrication or turn around and pop them in their head so they don't try messing with me no more. What would you choose?

Besides its all a joke since I posted this under "jokes and Humor" right? Im not really going to burn their literature, maybe burn a few blunts but that's about it.-

• arimatthewdavies
  • steve2
    steve2
    Besides its all a joke since I posted this under "jokes and Humor" right? Im not really going to burn their literature, maybe burn a few blunts but that's about it.-

I had wondered about this. Humour can be helpful, although with or without vaseline does change things a lot

• clarity
    clarity

You know, Johnnyblazedog ... leaving an organization because you deem it to be dishonest, incorrect , unloving, or high control, pretty much says something about us. Basically it says that we are looking for a 'better' quality of Life. Agree or not, your 'gutter talk' does not elevate anyone or anything.

My 2 cents

clarity

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Agree or not, your 'gutter talk' does not elevate anyone or anything.

Clarity, all talk does not have to have as its purpose to "elevate" a person or thing. I think Johnny was merely expressing himself- his feelings about his JW experience. Freedom of expression is important. Perhaps he chose to express himself in a way you don't like, but that's ok. Depending on our specific cult experience, some may have a more difficult time moving on, and/or dealing with the anger. I sometimes get angry too when I think about certain things I've experienced when I was in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit