SBCheezits Judicial Hearing - My EPIC FAIL (REPOST for IE users)

by SweetBabyCheezits 98 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Can a mod combine these threads somehow?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Mamalove, you are wrong, the iPhone on passcode lock DOES show the voice recording app. Perhaps you have not updated your iPhone. The 3GS behaves in the way as does the 4. Perhaps the 3G behaves differently.

• flipper
    flipper

SWEETBABYCHEEZITS- I'm sorry you and your wife are having to go through this. You mentioned 5 elders being there at your JC. Was this an "appeal JC " meeting with you and your wife ? Usually only 3 elders meet at an initial JC meeting with people.

You mentioned they didn't give you a decision. Your assumption is correct I believe they ARE getting more instructions from the society. So expect to be left twisting in the wind for at least 2 weeks or even a month before you find out your fate. My appeal committee did this to me back in 2007 when they couldn't decide to DF me or not. They had to contact Bethel because I had written a letter from an attorney threatening to sue them if they DFed me on false premises with no proof of wrongdoing. The result ? The WT society wrote them back in a month telling them to let me go, to NOT DF me. They had no evidence of wrongdoing and I had witnesses upholding my case as well.

So- All you can do is take a wait and see attitude. If your witness upheld your side, that's a plus. They can't DF you for recording it ( according to their rules ) but believe me, they break their own rules. They are VERY unethical . Try to hang in there, help your wife get through this and just stay busy with work and life. Whatever happens, don't judge yourself based on their decisions . You are good people , these elders are nothing special, they are just humans lke you and me. If you'd like to talk feel free to PM me. I'm always available. Been through this tension as well

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for the update. There's no sure way to tell from that exchange what they will do, but the iphone thing kind of makes me sure they will say you are just "playing" with them and don't take this seriously. Good luck helping your friend and delaying and appealing. You can still buy a few days if you brush off a couple of efforts to meet with you.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

In John 9 the parents of the man born blind were afraid to admit that their son had been healed by Jesus fearing they would be put out of the synagogue as all were warned that to confess Jesus meant being put out. Today the Watchtower has filled the shoes of the Jewish religious leadership very nicely. They have swatted the gnats and washed the outside of the cups to the full.

SBC, you and your wife are in good company! Keep your strength and spirit up, friend.

• Quentin
    Quentin

If they want to df you they will. My mother was given, along with several other "sisters" six months to stop smoking when that became a df offense. She quit smoking, but, because she could not attended all meetings during that time peroid due to work they df'd her absentee. She got a letter to that effect. My brother was called in before the df and asked if my mother smoked, he said no, she stopped. But they said you don't know for sure, she could be smoking when your not home. To that he agreeded it could be the case, but did not believe it to be so since he smelled no smoke in the house. That is what they based their descision on she could have. If they want you gone, your gone, because they are illogical in anything they are engaged in, dumb as a box of rocks and do not have the best interests of any jw at heart.

I'm sorry you feel "remorse" about the phone. You shouldn't, you have done nothing wrong, except express some doubts, which you did not broadcast around the congo at large. You and your wife kept it private and contained, being doubts only. There was a time when a person such as you guys would be counsled and given the oppurtunity to see the wt way. Now it seems they are ready, willing, and quick to do a hatchet job on anyone and everyone for what ever reason they can. The wtbts is scared to the point of being ruthless in all things. I suppose 1975 really cracked them over the head, along with one thing they cannot stop the internet.

Wishing you and your wife the best in this ordeal. It could get worse, hope it doesen't. Peace to you and yours, may you find it.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

SBC....hang in there bro. You're standing firm WITH your wife...and that's the MOST important thing. When you gonna post your recording....?

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

I am with the others, this is NOT AN EPIC FAIL. You did a TERRIFIC job, courageous to take your phone in, and lie about it when asked. Also, courageous to try to explain and apologize when you were discovered. What COURAGE you have! You faced your oppressors and looked them square in the eye, and dealt with them respecfully, with an honourable goal of making a display of the monkeyshow so they could have eyewitness evidence to consider.

You set out to accomplish a goal, you planned it and accomplished it. GOOD JOB.

And, regarding keepin your wife----> you both are so LUCKY.

Very happy for you,

love NDG

• baltar447
    baltar447

I would advise NOT to post your recording until after they come back with a decision.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Never really got it clear why you wanted to record the event anyway, seems like simple notes would have sufficed

wouldn't it ? I'm not trying to be insensitive but if you have already made it up in your mind the WTS. is a

disingenuous publishing fraud, why put yourself through all this emotional turmoil.

There many religious sects/cults who operate on this same level of control and power as the JWS do

and are equally structured on self indentured bullshit out to spiritually connect themselves with the power of god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit