NFL Kick-Off

by XJW4EVR 31 Replies latest social physical

• undercover
    undercover

It's pretty damn bad when your defense holds the opposing team's offense to 2 field goals (how long has it been since the Redskins have scored a touchdown on D's D?) and you still fucking lose.. Pathetic.

I'm with JWoods. Never predict more than 8-8 with this team and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when they finish 9-7 or better.

Everyone picked them to run all over the Redskins. But I think a lot of us knew better. Never go into a divisional game thinking it's going to be easy...

And it was proven. The Skins are better but are still in rebuilding mode. They've got an over-the-hill gimpy QB and a supposed porous secondary and yet you still lose. So much for pre-ordained Super Bowl champs. Can't even beat the doormat of the division.

Give the defense credit for keeping McNabb and company out of the endzone, but the rest of the team is a shambles.

I predict the Cowboys will improve and win games, but when it comes down to crunch time to either win the division or in a play-off game (should they be so lucky), the shortcomings of the offense will again be their undoing. And then it will be bye-bye Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips.

• tec
    tec

And then it will be bye-bye Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips.

That has been said every year since I started watching football. (3 years now) I'm starting not to believe it :)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Packers-Ravens is my super bowl pick. Pack did look a little sluggish yesterday, but it's week 1, and they were playing on the road. Favre never won in Philly, so I'll take it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I don't know what's stopping them.

I do. He goes by the name of Wade Phillips.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I do. He goes by the name of Wade Phillips.

And he owes his job to Mr. Jerry Jones.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    And he owes his job to Mr. Jerry Jones.

Jerry Jones is ruining the Cowboys IMO. He had a great thing going with Jimmy Johnson, and he forced him out the door because he's an egomaniac who wanted all the credit for what Johnson had built. He wanted a puppet like Phillips, that he could control, and now Cowboys fans are suffering for it. Not that I'm complaining.

• undercover
    undercover
    Jerry Jones is ruining has ruined the Cowboys

FTFY

He had a great thing going with Jimmy Johnson, and he forced him out the door because he's an egomaniac who wanted all the credit for what Johnson had built. He wanted a puppet like Phillips, that he could control, and now Cowboys fans are suffering for it.

We've been suffering for it...mightily. I appreciate JJ's desire to win and to win Super Bowls but somehow his ego gets in the way of admitting that he needs football people in the front office instead of his dumb ass.

He's a great marketer, that's for sure. He knows how to make money thanks to that blue star and shiny silver helmets. Was it Tex Schramm or Clint Murchison that said something to the effect of 'owning a football team is great except for all those games'? JJ has figured how to continue to make money and keep the team popular though they've been mediocre (at best) on the field.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Jerry Jones is ruining the Cowboys IMO. He had a great thing going with Jimmy Johnson, and he forced him out the door because he's an egomaniac who wanted all the credit for what Johnson had built. He wanted a puppet like Phillips, that he could control, and now Cowboys fans are suffering for it. Not that I'm complaining.

There are a lot of people like me who live in Dallas who are still upset about Jimmy Johnson, and the treatment of Tom Landry before that. A lot of the success (not all, but a lot of it) in the early 90s was due to the Landry rebuilding effort before Jones came in. Jimmy Johnson had a good team to coach and did a good job, but some of the foundation came from the last days of Landry. Barry Switzer milked one more good season out of it, but the rest has been a steady downhill decline.

My stepson works for the Cowboys, so I guess I had better stop criticizing Jerry with that.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I do. He goes by the name of Wade Phillips."

Yup and you can put Jason Garrett in that sentence, too. If I know what play is coming next, you can damn well bet the other team does as well. I wonder what would've happened last night if the Cowboys had hired Mike Shanahan in the offseason. But I don't think Jerry will ever hire a strong personality as head coach again.

• snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit