Can Spanish people recite the alphabet???

by asilentone 137 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I met a fairly intelligent Spanish woman today at Starbucks. She also looks good, I taught her to do ABC's (fingerspelling-sign language) Her first language is Spanish, She knows some pretty good English, but needs some more improvement on her English skills. She does not know ABC's that good. Is that normal for Spanish people not to recite ABC's????? I had to write down the ABC's for her and she took it home with her.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

It might simply be the case the her general literacy skills weren't up to snuff in any language. It happens...

V665

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I've seen some racist thread titles before but this one takes the cake...

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

poopsie! Nice to see ya.

I agree. It does have that kind of vibe...

V665

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hey Vampire!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not racist at all, I was concerned about it. We exchanged email addresses. She does look very good, but I am not sure if we are compatible. Wait and see. I think I would prefer someone that is more intelligent than that. Oh well.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

She knows some pretty good English, but needs some more improvement on her English skills. She does not know ABC's that good. Is that normal for Spanish people not to recite ABC's?????

Well...

Your grammar skills are purty gud two. She mightn't not noe her inglish ABCs two well, butt she mite knoe her Hispanglishtino ABC purty gud. It ain't two normul fur English peeple lik yoo two knot noe inglish, thoe.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I am not racist at all, I was concerned about it.

Based on your first post in this thread...well, pot, kettle, etc.

• asilentone
    asilentone

notverylikely, I am deaf since birth, my english is not always that good, sometimes I have trouble understanding her. That would be a problem for me.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So not so much her inability to recite the english alphabet - just a language barrier then. So why the thread title? And why imply that she's not intelligent enough for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit