taken from wt october 15 paragraph 17 page 11

by booby 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

Jehovah could read the hearts of David and Bath-sheba and see their genuine repentance. Taking

such a factor into consideration, he judged them accordingly, in a merciful and loving manner.

Why do they say David and Bathsheba. Surely if Eve was deceived and Adam not so, then too Bathsheba would be considered such while David not. We can only imagine the time and thought and planning that went into seducing Bathsheba and arranging for the death of her husband. When I was an elder we were trained or taught to ask leading questions to determine if repentance was sincere or if rather they were just sorry they were caught. If David were judged on that basis, knowing that it was meticulously planned and not spur of the moment, surely his repentance if declared would be null and void. And as mentioned on another thread there was guilt attached, just that the punishment was transferred to the child.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Jehovah let David get away with murder. Given the law and all that David did in his life, Jehovah must have reeeaaallly loved him. I don't get it ! If it was an example to us of how merciful god is then why didn't this mercy carry over to others back in the day also? I find it hard to believe that there were no others who were sorry for what they'd done as well.

• elderelite
    elderelite

essentially, Jah was screwed in punishing david since he had committed to him on the whole "line of decent thing"... however it that he let the baby die for what the father and mother had done. I understand Jah did not "kill" the baby, but telling david he refused to heal/help was cruel

• potleg
    potleg

So, Joe Hoova was loving and merciful toward Dave and Bathsheba, yeah well, where was the love and mercy towards the innocent little child? What did God Almighty see in it's heart?

It's all a crock of made up rubbish to keep a bunch of bronze age goat herders in line.

The laugh is some people really believe tripe like this has real meaning for us today.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I was discussing this briefly with Garyneal a week or so ago. Its always been said that the victors write history. If Joe Blow Israelite did what David did, they would have stoned him in front of everybody. David was like the Israelite version of O.J. minus the white Bronco. Granted one might say David suffered the rest of his life watching his family act like a soap opera from hell. His son trying to kill him, his lovechild dying, his right hand man betraying him, etc.. That had to have been stressful for him. At the same time though, gangsters and powerful wicked men throughout history have went through similar situations, and there are no holy books labeling them as being righteous. Thats what leaves me bewildered to some degree.

• booby
    booby

potleg - can't laugh at me - I think it's a crock.

• agonus
    agonus

Jehovah forgives David and Bathsheba but won't let us hold fucking hands during prayer...

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ You can hold hands just not hug right?

-Sab

• booby
    booby

and only "do it" as proscribed by the gb with your own wife

• bobld
    bobld

So that means we are predestined.Means shit what you do you are already judged.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit