Is it humanly possible....

by SixofNine 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Joel
    I don't think I've said 'Hi' have I !

• Xandit
    Xandit

I've read both Franz' books and I have to say that very little there surprised me. Most of it just confirmed what I already thought, hence it didn't have that much impact on me. I do have to say that he comes across as a little bit of an ineffectual character, especialy in the last part of the first book. A little too much hand wringing for my taste.

• neyank
    neyank

I've read both books.
    Crisis of Concience & In Search of Christian Freedom.
    I've been inactive ever since.
    I couldn't continue going to the meetings after learning about how the WTS really operated.
    And I certainly couldn't go out in service telling people that if they wanted to worship God properly they had to become a JW.

neyank

• RR
    RR

His books only confirmed what I already knew. Still it was no determining factor in my departure ...

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• TR
    TR

COC brings the ugly "truth" of the WTS to a head. There's no way in hell that the WTS could have ever been the chosen org. of God, if indeed there is even a God.

I've got a library of "apostate" books almost as big as the WTS books I had. BTW, want to get rid of your WTS library? I donated mine to Randy Watters at Freeminds.org.

TR

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'all,

Randy Watters has some really good books, pamphlet-style magazines. One is "Thus Saith the Governing Body." Just direct quotes they've made over the years. Another book is just xerox pages from the WT book - particularily where they've quoted other books. The most interesting thing is then he copies the entire page of the quoted book - kinda lets the reader see for themselves the misquotes.

He said one reason he did it was because jw's are taught that "worldly" people take quotes out of context. No more than jw's do. Some "worldly" people quoted as professional documentation supporting the WTBTS (out of context) were angry enough to threaten to sue - and put it in writing.

I didn't realize how fast the WTBTS "..." could change a thought.

In C of C, it was the Mexican/Malawi tragedy that did it for me. I remember writing letters to the Malawi government in horror. For some reason, I never heard about the Mexican brothers technically in the military, just bribing themselves out of active duty - and told by the GB to do so. Reasoning? Everybody in Mexico bribes officials. So, "in Rome, do like the Romans." But only if no one finds out.

Interestingly, my daughter had read CofC years before, but thought he was "bellyaching." I read it in the spring, and said I thought he was quite balanced without the anger present. If they had done that to me - I would have written angrier.

Have Apocolypse Delayed and Gentile Times Reconsidered, but have not read them. GTR seems to use a lot of big words. I hadn't used my dictionary in decades. Left the org. - my little buddy now.

waiting

• neyank
    neyank

Hi R&R,
    May I ask what the reason was that you had for leaving "Gods Orginization"?
    neyank

• neyank
    neyank

Oops.
    That sould have been RR instead of R&R.
    neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit