Is it humanly possible....

by SixofNine 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

...to read "Crisis of Concience" and continue on believing that the Organization is (or ever was) Gods organization?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I've wondered the same myself.

I don't see how if one is honest and of a reasonable mind. If anyone could do this though, it would hardly surprise me given the mindset these days.

Path

• Venice
    Venice

If they could, then they'd make great JW's, no conscience!!

Venice

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol at Venice.

• mommy
    mommy

Sorry to disappoint!
    Never read "Crisis of concience"
    Only listened to mine:)
    mommy

• JT
    JT

you should if you get the opportunity, it
    would give you a view of the org that you will not believe

i read both boths in 10days over 1000 pages and then i cried for 10 more days

many of the names he mentions in his books i personally knew when i was at bethel

his books helped me to fully understand so many things i had often wondered about but you never could put your finger on it

• JT
    JT

the word is "CONFIRMATION"

While there are persons who who i know that have read both and they continue to stay, most do not

the reason in my OPINION is due to CONFIRMATION

I believe that many jw have doubts and questions but due to the structure and constant indoctrination of the org they are unable to get a confirmation

I find that after most read his books they walk away saying:

"i always thought something was wrong with ...."

" I wondered about ..... for yrs"

but as soon as they start to wonder or question or doubt they exp THE TUNNEL OF DOUbt routine AS MENTIONED in one of the post below-

when you are constantly told that you are wicked, Satan is misleading you, or you are Spiritually weak for doubts and questions

one tries to dismiss quickly any doubts for fear that you are drifting away from god

but his books are well documented

when i read his books i decided LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY

i hoped and prayed that his book would be wrong, but it wasn't

i had to leave- no need to hold on to that "Beach Front TimeShare Property Coupon" for week 53 that all jw have signed up for

smile

JT

can read

• Venice
    Venice

Dad read CofC in one day, couldn't put it down.
    Venice

• Simon
    Simon

I read CoC and so has my wife and her parents. It is an essential read by anyone who wants to check out the religion if they are even considering joining.
    I think In Search of Christian Freedom has a lot more information in it though and is even better.
    And if you want detailed proof that 607-1914 can't be correct then take a look at The Gentile Times Reconsidered. Carl Olaf submitted this to bethel after 6 years of research and they promptly Df'd him and practically everyone who had read his manuscript. They really are keen on the 'truth' aren't they?

• joel
    joel

Good one...fellow once-assimilated one!

Pax,
    joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit