We are Blessed by God

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 15 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

At the past assembly two families were interviewed who had just entered or had been in the full time ministry for a while. The following is not word for word but is damn close:

Family #1- We wanted to enter the pioneer work and prayed over the matter as a family. I quit my job and started a Janitorial business that would work with our pioneer schedule. Jehovah has blessed us with enough accounts to pay our bills and allow us to stay in the full time work....

These families were on the same stage at the same time, one interviewed right after the other:

Family #2- We have been in the full time work for over 10 years, I am an elder and my wife and daughter pioneer as well (He is also the wt conductor in our cong) We had a hard time getting here this summer as I have lost my business (He was a general contractor) and our house is being foreclosed on. I have sold my tools and truck just to help bay the bills. We had to borrow the money needed to get to the convention this year. But we feel blessed by Jehovah for providing us a way to be here...

The contradiction was shocking. Jehovah providing a business for one and allowing another to lose his even though it seemed they were both doing all they could in his service.

Not putting blame on God here. But I think too many people have a misunderstanding of God and how much he gets involved in our everyday lives.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Amen to that! How many people in the audience that were unemployed and going through major problems felt like they were NOT being blessed by God? How many were UNABLE to get the money to attend the convention like family #2? Were they NOT blessed?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m making money..Jehovah has blessed me!..

I`m broke and had to sell one of my kids..Jehovah has blessed me..Sorta..Kinda..Nevermind..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Time and unforeseen occurrence that is all it is. Those two examples cant be reconciled. The DO/CO usually ok's these things before hand and it surprised me nobody caught that.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, I was on a assembly part once and we had to reherse a month or so before the assembly...So how was the family able to say that they barely made it to the assembly and had to borrow money? Sounds fishy...

• wasblind
    wasblind

yea, like losin' a job is a blessin' in disguise, because you get to do more time in field service.

um hum, more time on the road, and less income comin' in, what a blessin'

Yes, I believe that God does provide, but don't be foolish with those provisions

got ta make 'em stretch, when you ain't workin'

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The only blessings God gives us is the grace that comes through Jesus, the strenth to do what is right and the common sense to see what we have and appreciate it and understand the difference between what we need and want.

Its up to us to receive those blessings though.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

So sad, sick and twisted. So did family number 2 say that they were going to continue in the full time ministry?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Worded to perfection PSacramento

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Family #2 is still in the full time ministry, though the brother, while still an elder, is no longer WT conductor. There house is in foreclosure right now though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit