Admit It: You Wanted to Be One of the 144,000!!

by cameo-d 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What do you think it takes to "qualify" to be one of the 144k?

Do you think it is just awarded for good behavior or does it have to be earned? (and how?)

What do you think will be the duties of the 144k?

What do you think will be the priveliges of the 144k?

Do you think the 144k have already been chosen or is it still in the process?

What are/will be their responsibilities?

Notice I am asking for your own ideas, not WT rhetoric!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not care at all.

• agonus
    agonus

I don't believe that it's a literal number. Certainly not the ONLY ones with a heavenly reward. Could indeed be actual Jews - makes more sense it would be either a literal number of literal Jews or a figurative number of figurative Jews rather than the WT's "it's a literal number of non-literal Jews" explanation. That's the extent of my speculation.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Need a ED at the end of your WANT. As I think many Witnesses in, WANT to be. Many who look back, WANTED to be. But with a little bit of EDucation on reality, ED is now placed somewhere else.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Good comment and constructive criticism, free2beme. So I took your advice and changed the title to add ED!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

No, I never wanted to be.

• tec
    tec

This is a tough one. I wanted to be on a paradise earth. It seemed more humble, and certainly a lot of fun to live forever and colonize new planets, etc.

I thought I would be one of the 144, though. I wanted that too. But that seemed like pride - (and maybe it was - it makes me uncomfortable to think about it) - or maybe it just seemed like I was being told that I couldn't be one. Not that I believe in heavenly hope vs. earthly hope anymore, or even that this is a literal number.

But that's how I felt at the time.

Tammy

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Who works there whole life, just to work forever????

Screw that! I intend on retiring and doing plenty of this Hammock 1 and this Party!

• agonus
    agonus

Tammy, I was at the "thought I was anointed" place once as well. But it wasn't about pride - "worthiness" had nothing to do with it (it wasn't a feeling of "chosen-ness", really). It was more a feeling of "I don't really belong here - this is not my home, I'm just visiting". I felt heaven was my home, and that I'd be going back there someday.

• tec
    tec

It was more a feeling of "I don't really belong here - this is not my home, I'm just visiting". I felt heaven was my home, and that I'd be going back there someday.

I find that really interesting, Agonus. I've never really had that feeling, myself. I love this planet and all its beauty. (I don't love the way most things are run on this planet, mind you - except for the shows of love and mercy and forgiveness). I also love having the love of Christ within me - and I do want to be with him. But I also feel like I can be with him and do have him, here and now.

I'm not sure what this all means. These are just my feelings.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit