To serving elders and anyone else who went to the SM this week ...

by wannabefree 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

Misery I thought the same thing... why even bring it up? what was the context..? I think there is some sifting going on

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Misery, Elderlite, I agree. Remaining confusion on the best way to help my family is the only thing that prevented me from walking out and never returning.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wanna be, just remember something... you KNOW the game. If we know there is a sift going on (or at least we believe there is) then we dont HAVE to be sifted. The branch counts on us being principled people. I have been doing a lot of thinking recently on this and where I stand with being a hypocrite, because thats what it feels like. The reality is that THEY (the org) trained me to stand on principle at all times. That is now working in their favor. Because I know its bullshit THEIR training is telling me to run from it.. how ironic. I have within the last few days come to determine, and I only speak for me, that I am not going to allow the org to dictate the rules of the game to me. They have lied and misrepresented things to "us", the rank and file, KNOWINGLY for decades. The principles they taught me they do not believe themselves. The Christ said "all things you want men to do you, you must do to them". I have come to understand that they must want me to lie and misrepresent myself to them. I will not be sifted out and let them dictate the terms of the engagement. I will win through subterfuge and subtly. When I walk out, after having exposed every possible secret document and elders meeting and training session, when I cannot possibly stomach being "in" anymore, then I will leave. but it will be on my terms, because I choose to. Not because their training about not being duplicitous allowed them to sift me out. Think about it. I posted in another thread that I would die for my family. I would gladly stay in this org in order to help them out of it. Patience, my friend, Patience. They cannot hurt us beyond what we allow and facilitate.

• JWoods
    JWoods

They would not have to include a part like this if it were not common knowledge that indeed they are false prophets.

Do the Catholics have to have this kind of talk? The Methodists? The Presbyterians?

Hell - even the Adventists have gotten past their false prophecies of the 19th century...

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I happily missed it this week but I'm sure the presentation was dry and boring!!

It did seem oddly placed. I could see this being a #3 talk or something but not a SM part. Sometimes they pick the oddest things. It does make me wonder if something is going on now the Jaracz is dead.

• elderelite
    elderelite

doubting, number 3 would have made perfect sense since we are doing some reasoning book material anyway. wouldn't have stood out but then it wouldn't have carried the same weight. Putting it on the service meeting gives it weight. Sifting.

(still gotta work out a get together bro)

• elderelite
    elderelite

bump for wannabefree

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

ouch ... thanks for the bump

• elderelite
    elderelite

Just think about it. everyone has to find their own comfort level but dont let THEM determine it for YOU

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Going back to that part being kind of strange for a Service Meeting part, let me ask you fellas a question. Have you ever been hit with a question like that in field service? I can't recall ever being hit with something like that. I mean I've been hit with doctrinal questions that hit grey areas. I've heard cult accusations. Been threatened. But never, has anybody raised an issue about JWs being false prophets. Its quite strange now that I'm at home and thinking about it all. What generated this part?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit