Oct. 15th WT ( JW Version ) - Don't Trust your Own Viewpoint - it's Distorted

by flipper 54 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Once again our lurking JW friend sent us the Oct. 15th JW study version for the WT studies. In this article you'll observe the WT society REALLY making Jehovah's Witnesses question themselves, doubt themselves - even if WHAT they are observing the organization doing - they are NOT to doubt Jehovah or the organization, but their own imperfect human judgments. In other words : " Don't trust your own mind - it's skewed ".

Under the article titled, " Keep on Seeking first his Righteousness " on pg.8 it lays the groundwork in stating, " Seeking His righteousness includes trying to live according to His values, and perfect standards, NOT OUR OWN. It is not a matter of obeying His laws out of FEAR of punishment. ( Yeah right ) Rather, our love for God motivates us to endeavor to please Him by upholding His standards, NOT establishing our own . "

It continues in paragraph 8,9 : " We need to remember, though, that if we question the fairness or rightness of Jehovah's decisions ( substitute WT society's decisions ) , we are, in effect, starting to put OUR standard of righteousness above Jehovah's ( WT society's ) standard. It is as if we put Jehovah ( WT society ) on trial and judged Him by our own standards of right and wrong. Jehovah ( WT society ) is the one who has the right to set the standard for righteousness, not us ! " It continues, " Our IMPERFECT nature can lead us down this path. This can easily happen when we see something that WE view as unfair or if we PERSONALLY suffer hardship. " Translation : If you sufferhardships it's only YOUR OWN fault - not the WT organization or Jehovah.

The next part is really weird. In the midst of an ensuing paragraph JUSTIFYING Jehovah forgiving King David & Bath Sheba's adulltery & David 's murdering her husband check THIS quote out ! Under the subheading : " Our viewpoint May be Distorted or Limited " it states, " The second factor to remember when we are faced with a situation that APPEARS to be unfair is that OUR VIEWPOINT MAY BE DISTORTED OR LIMITED. It can be distorted by imperfection, prejudice, or cultural background. It is also limited by our inability to discern motives and to know what is really in people's hearts. In contrast, both Jehovah and Jesus have no such limitations. " Translation : You are imperfect , stupid idiots who allow prejudice sin, and your varied backgrounds to distort you. You are dirt. As dumb as rocks. Trust us the WT society and God- you can NEVER trust yourself !

It concludes by stating, " So if at times we see something that WE FEEL is unfair on Jehovah's part ( WT society's part ) whether we read it in the Bible account or experience it in OUR PERSONAL life - let us NEVER judge God ( WT society ) by our own standards of righteousness. Remember that we do NOT always have all the facts and that our viewpoint may be DISTORTED or LIMITED. " I want to get sick.

Once again the WT society makes it's members feel they CANNOT trust their own minds, heart, or judgment on ANYTHING that differs or seems unjust within the WT organization. It is a way to make JW members feel GUILTY and in FEAR if in fact they DO find themselves having doubts. If there is any doubt by anybody that this isn't a dangerous mind control organization- I think this article removes that doubt. And to think our JW family's still in study this at their WT study's. Ouch !

As always I'm interested in hearing what you think about this article. I look forward to your takes and observations ! Hope you all are doing well ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooo, weee... Cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult cult.....

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Flipper..

It`s all about WBT$ mind control..

Don`t associate with anyone in the outside world..

Don`t associate with JW`s in an uncontrolled environment..

Don`t trust your own thoughts..

The WBT$ is going to produce some very unstable people in the next few years..

Check your PM`s Bud..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• cult classic
    cult classic

This kind of crap burns me up. Being raised on this poison was criminal. WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Here's a link to the article. I'm about to read it now.

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

According to one scholar, the original-language

word translated “to establish” can also mean ‘to erect a
    monument.’ So those Jews were, in effect, erecting a figurative
    monument to their own praise and not God’s.

I couldn't get past the footnote in para 5 quoted above. "One scholar" no name noted, could be anyone, said the original word- that they don't give "can also mean" here they go assigning different meanings to words and taking things out of context, if not outright lying. This is why I maintain that the WT is intellectually dishonest. The so-called scholar should be noted, the original language word, and the context of the definition should be accessable. This is English Comp 101- it's sad that most JWs won't pick up on it since the GB doesn't want them getting any fancy book learnin's.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It is as if we put Jehovah ( WT society ) on trial and judged Him by our own standards of right and wrong.

We each should do that. Doesn't God or Jesus or something say "Test me" ?

• juni
    juni

The veil has been lifted from my eyes and my mouth has been cleansed of every last drop of kool-aid. Praise the Lord!

Hopefully more will see it for what it is.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the comments ! Good ones.

ZIDDINA- You betcha ! CULT, CULT, CULT, CULT !

OUTLAW- I answered your PM, thanks. Exactly as you say about the witnesses. They are mind controlled definitely to NOT trust their own instincts. And THAT is what's dangerous. ANY warning signs they feel inside - the WT society TELLS them to ignore those signs. WT society wants to control EVERYTHING about it's members. I agree- it is going to produce and is alreay producing many, many unstable people . Really sad.

CULT CLASSIC- It burns me up also. My JW family , my parents especially, have been fed this mind control jargon for about 60 years now ! Who does the WT society think they are ? Jehovah God & Jesus Christ - I'm serious. They do.

SERENITY NOW ! - Thanks for posting the link to the article . I appreciate it. I've noticed that the WT society does that a lot- pulls quotes from alleged " scholars " out from a back closet somewhere - usually some obscure individual they've kept hidden in a straightjacket at Bethel after inhaling too much printers ink from captivity behind their printing presses. LOL ! ( Just joking. )

OTWO- I believe you are correct ! I do recall a scripture saying we should " test Jehovah out please " - or something to that effect . They should take their own advice ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Our viewpoint May be Distorted or Limited " it states, " The second factor to remember when we are faced with a situation that APPEARS to be unfair is that OUR VIEWPOINT MAY BE DISTORTED OR LIMITED.

That is a load of crock. So we are supposed to believe what the GB says ALL the time and not question what is being presented? Umm wait they are ALL imperfect men so how do we know they do not have a distorted or limited thought?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit