How do JWs in your area treat those who are "No Longer A Publisher.."?

by Open mind 19 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

as my moniker suggests, I am "stillin" but I am working my up to being inactive. Some still have an optimistic view of me, because I am friendly and I don't feel like I have to make issues over every little thing. Others seem to be waiting for the chance to say that they always knew that I didn't have the true love for Jehovah because I have never felt the need to conform, or the desire.

I still feel badly about not turning in any time and I think back on the love I had for the special knowledge that holy spirit enabled me to have, so sometimes I give in to my own weakness and report some time that I may have spent simply discussing religion with somebody casually. I do this partly for my own warped conscience and partly so that friends who like me on conditional terms will still have a little something to do with me.

I like a lot of the witnesses and I respect thier choice, as I do ones who may have made a personal choice to become Catholic or Pentecostal or Buddhist. It's too bad that they feel so exclusive about thier opinions, because in a lot of ways they do use thier minds in ways that many in the world do not. There are a lot of witnesses who really haven't made any comparisons; therefore no real decision has been made. Only the "stick with the clan" type of mindset has been adopted.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Took them out to dinner, invited them over, etc.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Depends on who the person is. The fanatics shun them like they are Df'd and ones like me treat them like a human being and say hi and engage them in a conversation.

I once got so pissed, a "supposed" regular pioneer in my KH. Another pioneer has a daughter who was inactive, did nothing wrong and the daughter who is a young adult went up to the car group to say "hi". This *pioneer* would not even look her way and acted liked she murdered her family member. People really need to realize if they are not God and should not judge.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for all the replies.

CoffeeHouseGirl's account is most disturbing:

"her parents treat her as a disfellowshipped person-"

How very tragic. The WT rules don't even require this.

Any more on how family/extended family treat them?

om

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The first meeting since (Oct 1990) most were unsure if they were allowed to talk to me or not. Then most were cautiously friendly to me.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

In our area, it really depends. Its so rare that I've heard of someone being removed as an unbaptised publisher. It's probably been 5 years since the last time I've heard such an announcement. No one treated that person (a kid who got in trouble) any differently.

Inactive JWs around here are love bombed more than anything.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

We tar & feather them and burn their homes, selling other family members into slavery...

What a STUPID topic.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Almost the same as disfellowshipped. I remember local needs parts counseling the congregation to limit any association with someone in that position.

SIAM

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

We tar & feather them and burn their homes, selling other family members into slavery...

What a STUPID topic.

What a stupid post by one of the stupidest trolls on this board.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

A lot of the old schoolers still cant get rid of the "unapproved associate" tag that the WT used to enforce...I mean DFing is pretty crazy, but punishing teens (who never got dunked) because they smoked cigarettes or had sex was the ultimate in cultdom. It was so weird when they got rid of that, I remember being 10 or 11 and after a meeting one day everybody was suddenly talking to this older kid because the ban had been lifted. Quite an example of "group think" now that I look back on it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit