How do JWs in your area treat those who are "No Longer A Publisher.."?

by Open mind 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
  • Open mind
    Open mind

What have you observed/experienced?

om

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

They treat such ones a little better than "worldly" non-jw but not as well as active publishers in my area.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

one step removed from SPIRITUALLY DEAD

• sir82
    sir82

It's hard to say - "no longer a publisher" applies to unbaptized publishers, and those are usually pre-teens or "progressive" Bible Studies who still have stars in their eyes - neither group is likely to get into serious trouble.

I can only remember 2 or 3 such announcements in 20 some years.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

One case in the cong I attended is a young kid about 17 who's dad is an elder- after her announcement her parents treat her as a disfellowshipped person- so does most of the congregation- I lost touch with her, the rumer mill of JWs speculated that she went "apostate" and became a lesbian- I hope she is happy and healthy

CHG

• Open mind
    Open mind

sir82:

"and those are usually pre-teens or "progressive" Bible Studies who still have stars in their eyes"

Yep. I agree. It's a fairly rare young JW who is able to avoid baptism into the late teens or early twenties.

We had a couple of young women in our area who I would point to as an example of why my kids should avoid baptism.

Brenda Baptized & Ursula Unbaptized.

Neither one was super gung-ho into JWism as a teen, but went through the motions. In their late teens they each fell into "serious sin". (i.e. Had sex with their long-term boyfriend. ) They each ended up marrying their respective BFs and living pretty unremarkable lives.

Brenda got DFed and never came back to JWism and is shunnned as per WT mandate.

Ursula was at a congregation BBQ about 2 weeks after she was announced as "No Longer a Publisher of Good News". She, hubby and kids show up at least a couple times a year to picnics, etc and are treated pretty well.

Just say no to baptism.

om

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I agree with Open mind...just say no to baptism!

One of my friends didn't get baptized, and 10 years later her JW family, including the PO, was at her "wordly" wedding.

• robson
    robson

they are treated badly as you all know I'll I say is that only God knows who we really are no one else matters.

sometimes brothers throw comments that are directed to them some also say that they won't survive the GT and will surely die when A comes.

So you know the story. I think they judge all the time for whatever you do. Pathetic.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

my niece was removed as an unbaptized pub a few months ago , she is 18 and told her family she wants to live life on her terms and dosent want the truth anymore. she is dating and looking for an apt with a friend but her grandfather is an elder and now treats her poorly, he talks about her like heloaths her now he has said very unkind things about her and her grandmother told her she is not going to socialize with her annymore unless it is about the truth. the emotional blackmail makes me sick, i have a decent relationship with her and she knows she is welcome at our home. i guess they think the hate bombing is going to bring her back to the meetings. bastards all of them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit