Need Help Forming a Cohesive Argument

by StAnn 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StAnn
    StAnn

Hello, Everybody. Mr. St. Ann and I were talking tonight about "theocratic warfare" and the concept that JWs say that it's okay to lie to some people because not everybody is entitled to the truth.

Mr. St. Ann said two things, one of which was, "Isn't lying against the Ten Commandments?" Then he said, "Didn't Jesus say that Satan is the father of the lie? So if JWs are taught by their God that lying is okay for religious reasons, doesn't that make Satan their God?"

Now please, those of you who are logical and able to say things well, please re-present this material in a way that I can use if a JW comes to my door or if I run into a JW family member.

Thanks, Y'all

~St. Ann~

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey St.Ann..

Keep it simple..

Allow the JW to defend WBT$ Theocratic Warfare Strategy..

Then ask them who the "Father of the Lie" is..

It`s a simple,instant win..

Don`t forget to Gloat..LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• StAnn
    StAnn

Aw, I see...maybe. How do I get them to acknowledge/explain that lying is part of Theocratic Warfare Strategy?

• simon17
    simon17

You're never going to win an argument on such a nit-picky little subject IMO. Situation lying is going to be described as not lying but just hiding the truth. In that effect its like self-defense. Jehovah hates violence but if someone is beating you to death you can clearly defend yourself against the one taking evil action on you. It is only in extreme situations of defending one's spiritual self from harm that one can defend against satan's system by 'hiding the truth.'

Not only do I think you'd never get a JW to be "trapped" or "second-guess themselves" based on this approach, but I think a pretty fair argument can be made that lying in extreme cases of the threat of severe physical/spiritual harm makes sense anyway..,

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Well, the 6/15/09 WT is the one with the article that really defined the whole "entitled" to the truth. It never says it's ok to lie, just not disclose detailas.

• StAnn
    StAnn

"entitled" to the truth. See, I don't see the 10 Commandments saying though shalt not lie only to those entitled to the truth. Maybe this is the point to make, that a lie is a lie is a lie, and an intentional omission of info is a lie. So, whose their daddy now?

My insulin pump came unhooked. I didn't know it. Blood sugar is up to 487. I'm loading up on insulin and going to lie down. If I'm not back in 2 hours, assume I'm dead.

• tec
    tec

If I'm not back in 2 hours, assume I'm dead.

WHAT??? Make sure someone with you knows about it!!!! Please. Don't want to lose you. Be careful with yourself.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

the 10 Commandments

Pfff....no one cares about that ghetto old testament shit. Unless they need it to DF someone, of course.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aaarrrgh...

St Ann, are you all right???

Fer Pete's sake, TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF!!

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AArrrggggg!!..

Don`t be Freaking us out..

Take better care of your insulin requirements!..

Aw, I see...maybe. How do I get them to acknowledge/explain that lying is part of Theocratic Warfare Strategy?.....St.Ann

You don`t..

You let them explain why "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" is perfectly acceptable..

Then ask them "Who is the "Father of the Lie"..

Once they say "Satan"..The Debate is Over..

You Win..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit