Audio: Witnesses reaction to their private Watchtower being called "Koolaid Edition"

by kurtbethel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

When did this take place the "koolaid Issues".. this is the first I heard of this.

They now have issues for Householders and Jw's have their own??? REALLY????

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

I think I could come up with all kinds of quotes to put in a bubble over this guys head. He's probably some dude that works in the accounting dept in Brooklyn and was asked to pose for a picture in the Awake. Then to find out his pic is all over the internet with all kinds of quotes attached to it. He might be thinking, "uhhhh maybe that wasn't such a great idea".

• agonus
    agonus

Darth, you seriously didn't know about this? A couple years back, 2007 I think. They're called "Public" and "Study" editions. Check out jw.org. Yes, they're available online now. I can't figure it out either.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Agonus: "Darth, you seriously didn't know about this? A couple years back, 2007 I think. They're called "Public" and "Study" editions. Check out jw.org. Yes, they're available online now. I can't figure it out either."

Agonus, Darth....that distinction of two separate publications with specific designations is the mark of a secret society. One is for the "initiates" as evidenced by being inviting and general in its content.

The "members only" implies the Society harbors a selective group and has "requirements" (rules, regulations, statutes, codes of compliance) in order to attain that certain status.

That designation of Membership is not based on regular attendance or nor voluntary adherence to dogma. Membership is based on transferrring your Power of Attorney to them through your baptismal questions.

Also, I have seen "members" denied the "member magazines" because of gossip and rumors ("marking" I guess) that they are not considered to be in good standing because of any number of reasons, ie. falling off in meeting attendance, field work, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit