Galaxies, rather than stars!

by Yadirf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Friday

The eagle nebula

I find this particularly interesting, because this nebula is actually an unimaginably large hydrogen gas cloud. This cloud is actually making, creating, if you will stars. Yes, stars are being created before our eyes.

Stars are created from hydrogen gas cloud, hydrogen being the lightest element. Within itself, a star fuses the hydrogen atoms to produce heavier/bigger atoms: helium and down the spectrum to carbon, etc. Stars are the factories of standard matter. What we are made of came from star cores, friday.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

For a closer look, there is a 6 meg image @
    ( http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/ace/95_44A.tif)

We are stardust
    We are golden

Matthews southern comfort

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

SS

Absolutely fabulous photo!!!

====================

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten the new computer program called "Deep Space Explorer", and what do they think of it? I decided yesterday to lay down the $$.$$ it takes to own a copy. I tinkered around with it a short while, and was really bedazzled with all that it would do. I would DEFINITELY recommend it.

Here's what the box looks like:

Check out the following page:
    . http://www.space.com/php/dse/day0.php

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• cellomould
    cellomould

Here's an interesting thought:

Compare stars with the sparks you may see, for example, from a fire.

Imagine that the lifetime of a spark (~ 1 sec) was as long as the lifetime of a star. (~ billions of years)

Or, put another way, how interesting would it be to watch the sparks created and destroyed in slow motion?

If someone watched the 'big bang', at it lasted only 3 seconds in their frame of reference, what clue could they possibly have about the intricate details of our 'universe' much less our little planet?

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit