New Awake: Is Atheism on the March? (Ironically, WTS complains that Atheists should keep it to themselves)

by Elsewhere 32 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Trabant.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Where did it say "Atheists should keep it to themselves?" Case in point, I'd be an atheist if it wasn't for Jehovah's Organization.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Case in point, I'd be an atheist if it wasn't for Jehovah's Organization.

Heh... Funny you didn't cut that off just at "Jehovah"... Not to put words in your mouth or anything, but 'god', 'Jehovah', or even 'the bible' wasn't your thought - it is specifically the organization - aka Watchtower Corporation.

Interesting.

Anyway back on topic, I think the article really shows how 'Awake' the awake authors are. "Rusty bucket! These atheists, once isolated in their viewpoints and thus mostly harmless, have discovered one another and are presenting a very persuasive and powerful messages on this new-fangled 'internets'." Atheists have been gaining voice on the Internet and via books for over a decade - way to be current.

Or maybe this is more... "Rotten potatoes! Our hugely inefficient and overly expensive manual door-to-door knocking process is a loony embarrassment compared to how quickly a viewpoint can spread via 20-21 century communication channels."

- Lime

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hard to argue Lime's point, eh, Alice?

AiW: Case in point, I'd be an atheist if it wasn't for Jehovah's Organization.

Annnd I would probably be a theist if it were not for the Organization. (Nothing like leaving a high control group to make you scrutinize everything.)

High five, WTBTS!

• Terry
    Terry

ATHEISTS SELECT DES MOINES, IOWA, AS VENUE FOR 2011 CONVENTION
    April 21-24, 2011
    Cranford, NJ--AMERICAN ATHEISTS, major advocacy group for nonbeliever civil rights and state-church separation, announced today that it has chosen Des Moines, Iowa, as the host city for its April, 2011, National Convention.

Dr. Ed Buckner, President of American Atheists, said that the decision was based on many factors, including value for members, accessibility, an interesting city, and the convention theme: "Atheists Caucus in the Heartland."

"The major factor, though," according to Buckner, "was the rapidly growing activism and presence of Atheist, Freethought, Secular, Skeptical, and Humanist groups throughout the region. We have been very impressed by this, and want to do all we can to help and to further energize these groups. In Iowa specifically, groups like Iowa Atheists and Freethinkers, Iowa Secularists, Iowa State University Atheist and Agnostic Society, Siouxland Atheists, University of Northern Iowa Freethinkers and Inquirers, University of Northern Iowa Freethinkers and Inquirers, and Skeptics in the Pub of Central Iowa are making tremendous progress in the never ending struggle for rationality and religious liberty."

The convention will run from April 21-24, 2011 at the Embassy Suites on the River, 101 E. Locust Street, Des Moines. The hotel has agreed to a fantastic rate of $99 for a suite, with a full breakfast and evening snack. Buckner noted, "Convention registration fees have been set at a low $149 (same as last year), and significant discounts will be offered to members, early registerers, students, and possibly others." See www.atheists.org for details.

Dave Silverman, Vice President and Communications Director for American Atheists, said the event usually attracts around 500 people from throughout the country. "We will also have international guests, and we think the 2011 meeting will attract people from throughout the country because of its wonderful central location."

Silverman added that the Convention includes speakers, panels, activism workshops, and social events.
    AMERICAN ATHEISTS is a nationwide movement that defends civil rights for Atheists, Freethinkers and other nonbelievers; works for the total separation of church and state; and addresses issues of First Amendment public policy.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Gat dangit I thought I was done with prosylitizing?!?

Isn't that why we become atheist so we dont have to do door to door and marches and shyt?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Atheists on the March!

Atheists run amuck

• ziddina
    ziddina

KurtBethel, that's been posted before but I scream with laughter every time I see it!!!

We should make that slightly-altered photo into cards and send a gazillion of them to the Gov.Bod at Bethel - anonymously, of course...

Zid

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

@darth Frosty - it's so unfair. even a non-existent god makes us march and preach in his non-name. i give up.

who wants to worship baal with me? at least HE has barbecues all the time.....

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Baby BBQs?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit