New Awake: Is Atheism on the March? (Ironically, WTS complains that Atheists should keep it to themselves)

by Elsewhere 32 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

See...I'm not ALWAYS a bible guy... :-)

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

My mom called me this weekend to ask if I would mind reading that Awake. (I explained to her that I'm more of an agnostic but it's all the same to her.)

Fitting pic, BD.

Also, I've always thought it was funny how some JWs think that the WT and AW are on top of current events. Even as a JW, it seemed to me they were always a year or more behind and simply following other news reports.

For example, this article would've been more "timely" had it been published in 2007 after both The God Delusion and God is Not Great hit shelves. CNN ran a similar article in Nov 2006. Ooooh, maybe they are the ones who provide the "meat in due season".

The rise of the 'New Atheists'

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Their analogies are just priceless. They assert that God is no more responsible for the bad things that happen on Earth than a car manufacturer is if someone, upon buying one of their cars, crashes because of using a cell phone while driving.

Of course the car manufacturer in not responsible; it is NO LONGER IN CONTROL of the vehicle.

Are they then saying that God is not responsible for the bad things on Earth because he is NO LONGER IN CONTROL?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Did anyone else think the title was dumb? "Is atheism on the march?" What does that mean? It's not interesting at all. It's like they're not even trying anymore.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Did anyone else think the title was dumb? "Is atheism on the march?" What does that mean? It's not interesting at all. It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Well, I sure haven't seen any atheists marching around in my town.

Anybody?

- Lime

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nope, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Terry out there one of these days.

(Nothing but love for you Terry!)

• moshe
    moshe

In reality, facts, logic and reason are on the march- Atheism is just a by-product.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhh snap Moshe!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Dangit BroDan! Posting shirts from T-Shirt Hell is my gig!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

God as a car manufacturer; I forgot how the WT loves shitty analogies.

So what company would God be? Chrysler, Toyota?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit