I'm not who I think I really am.

by Mindchild 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Go buy a Harley.

Aren't they the things that used to clog up the carbs on my Triumph?

Englishman.

..From the scepter'd Isle kept free by 2 fins and 4 Merlins.

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Skipper,

Interesting question, and one I had to ask myself a couple of years ago when my hubby left me because I was a controlling, bossy, argumentative, know-it-all b-word. I was also funny, life of the party, kind, compassionate, and a good mom to my kids. But the negative overshadowed the positive in his eyes.

Basically, after a year of therapy and self analysis I came to the conclusion that you can be who you are as long as you aren't taking away from other people being who they are. One of the reasons that I was controlling etc.... was because I was trying to mold him into the person "I" thought he should be, not the person he was. When you go through life trying to get people to see life through your eyes and think the way you think, it turns you into not a very pleasant person to be around. So then you have to ask yourself "Do I want to continue down this path and be alone or do I want to make some changes and be surrounded by people that are not going to think the way I think or see things the way I see them or do things the way I would do them?" I chose to make changes. And I've never been happier.

Oh, and by the way hubby and I got back together and we've never been more in love.

Shimmer

The eyes of my eyes are opened.

---E.E. CUMMINGS

• Scully
    Scully

Cygnus bitched and moaned thusly:

That is rich coming from you after you insult me and chastise me in the chat room tonight for my style and presentation.

Got a dose of your own medicine, did you??

So sorry I missed it.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• Scully
    Scully

Dear Skip:

I like the part of you I know from your posts here on the board.

I like the part of you I know from the chat room.

I like the part of you I know from talking with you in IMs.

Don't ever change.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit