Was the legend about Smurfs being demonic just an urban legend, or was it mentioned in the literature?

by IsaacJ22 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
  • perfect1
    perfect1

I watched the smurf video- that was great!

And thanks for the real background story.

I used to read Grimms fairytales as a kid but they were taken away because I was having nightmares. Funny my parents blames the bad dreams on fairy tales- not the violent imagery of a muderous Gods rage at Armageddon- not drowning moms and babies at the flood, not the hours and hours of exposure to that material (ILLUSTRATED) which threatened to take out me, my mom and dad, everything I knew at any moment.

No, no, Hansel and Gretel is much worse. Smurfs. lucky charms, those are the real agents of psychological harm.

Blecch!

• haboob48
    haboob48

Im sure in some areas the story was different. The way I heard the story was a child had brought a smurf doll to a meeting at the KH, and when jehovahs name was mentioned, the smurf doll jumped up and ran out of the KH! I kid you not! This was back in the 80's, and I had a really hard time swallwoing that one! And a reg pioneer is the one that started it, but if it is subject matter on this forum then others heard this also...........oh well, the gb and wt views on toys are REALLY.....well just not right!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That was the story that did the rounds in New Zealand, haboob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit