Family is gossiping about me, and then I get a letter

by nextdoorgirl 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

So, here's your typical "I'm concerned about you" letter. And my responses. Wanna take a look?

• nextdoorgirl
  • notverylikely
  • nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Okay, here we go! HAVE FUN spotting the inconsistencies and double talk.

How are you? I'm going to cut to the chase...I've been hearing some very saddening things about things you've been saying. Not sure if they are all true. But mostly everyone I've spoken with who you hang out with or spoken with have told me that they are very worried about you and why. Basically the things I've heard worry me as well. Have you lost your faith in the Bible? In Jehovah? Please tell me the truth and if this is true, please, I entreat you to speak with the elders about any doubts you are having. It means your life. I've always pictured you in the paradise with me. I can't imagine you not being there. This system is on it's last leg. Please...please, seek assistance from the elders. That's what they are there for. And I would like to be here for you also if you still wish to be a servant of God. I miss you. I miss how we used to be. How much fun we used to have. We've spent a lifetime together and I have always viewed you as my sister. I know we've had are trials in our relationship throughout the years...but I've never cut you out of my heart. I know that you've been hurt in ways I only can imagine and I know you are tired of being hurt but know this...I was never your enemy. I never wanted to hurt you.I made mistakes but never intentional. I love you and it broke my heart when are friendship ended. Please don't give up on people even though they'll let you down. Everybody needs forgiveness. And please don't give up on Jehovah. He will never hurt you. He loves you and wants you near to his flock. Call me, if and when you are ready to reach out and get some encouragement and I will be here...always.

Love, xxxx

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

wow, that's almost to the word the same letter I got. I wonder if they have a form they use...

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

My response:

GND:

Oh, how the rumor mills run. Who's talking about me? What are they saying? I find the gossip destructive. It calls to mind slander: talk that destroys or besmirches reputation. Why talk about "love" for me, while actively damaging my reputation amongst people I know? Why not offer real help? I have no idea of what you mention. Are people talking about me? Are they concerned about me? Are they all talking amongst themsleves about how "concerned" they are? I wouldn't know! Who's reached out to offer help and show the concern?

I love this scripture, my favorite one: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 (New International Version)

I commend you for reaching out; I can't say as much for others. Keep up the good work imitating Christ. You will never go wrong. Don't worry about my spirituality, that's between me, Jesus and God. That's our business. Its out of your power, out of your control and out of your knowledge. Its way too big a job for you or anyone else. 'Each one stands before God on his own.'

Be concerned about my health and happiness--those things we can all contribute to through real efforts of love. Be concerned about showing love. By this Jesus will recognize his true followers. Besides, I've never felt more confident in my spirituality. I can't say as much for my "friends." Especially those eagerly discussing my "demise" without a single effort of help. Empty claims of love are like a clashing cymbal.

"If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
    And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
    If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
    Love is patient, love is kind...it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth." 1 Cor 13: 1-6 online Bible slan·der (slndr) KEY

NOUN:

Law: Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
    A false and malicious statement or report about someone. By the way, those questions above are asked rhetorically, or generally, if you have answers for them. They were not necessarily directed at you. After all, you did the right thing: heard a malicious rumor and decided to check it out before taking action believing it. That takes a level of clear thinking ability that others lack.

On a related note, you may warn these so-called "friends" of mine, that I will sue for slander. They need to stop. Please provide each of their names so I may warn them personally to discontinue talking about me. It is not fair to them, nor to you, to rely on third party communication channels. They deserve direct information from me and I want to give it.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Wow, Notverylikely. They MUST use a form, or SOMETHING.....for them to all think alike like that......

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

condition: And I would like to be here for you also if you still wish to be a servant of God.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Do you think I actually got the names, so I may face my accusers, so I may personally warn them that I will sue them for defamation of character?

The response letter:

I don't know exactly what took place between you and these people that is between you and them but the people I have spoken with are people who have not so much focused on slandering you but on expressing to me their concern for you. The have related conversations they had with you and what they related worried me. I know there are two sides to every story but these people are not trying to be malicious. I know them and I know the concern i saw in there eyes when they spoke to me. They are not against you they spoke to me because they want to help you and don't know how. They seem to think that you are falling away from the truth and they want to stop that from happening but again don't know how to. You are loved even though you don't think so. Even though people may not always know how to love you or show you how they feel doesn't mean that they don't. We are all very imperfect and stumble many times but I know that these particular people have good motives. I know many people have let you down and that makes it hard to trust in them...or anyone really. I too have felt that way but try to give people the benefit of the doubt as I am trying to give to you.

• sabastious
    sabastious

BRAVO nextdoorgirl, BRAVO!!!!!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit