Violence Training

by MrFreeze 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baltar447
    baltar447

Thanks elderlite. I was looking for something specifically referencing armageddon, but maybe I've heard it from the platform and not in print.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Sorry I went historical. Try this one:

trchap.11pp.100-101par.12TheLastDaysofThisWickedSystemofThings

True Christians here on earth will have no part in that destruction. It is God’s war. He will use angelic forces under Christ to carry out the execution. He will also cause one part of Satan’s visible organization to turn on the other in violent hatred. But Jehovah’s servants on earth are not to join in the violence. (2 Corinthians 10:3, 4) Even when persecution is directed against them, they must not retaliate by seeking revenge against the rulers or trying to overthrow the government. They wait on God. “Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: ‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.’”—Romans 12:19.
  • Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

a sister who never comments went on about the fact that even violent movies based on outer space where those killed are aliens can still influence some to become violent. even my wife started in on me about movies and video games, which is foolish to me. i have a great time playing COD on xbox with my son its one of a few things he and i enjoy as our own. i believe taking your love away by shunning will promote a lot more hostility in a child than a fantasy gunfight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit