Does a JW know how to preach with out slandering other religions?

by Little Imp 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

One of the first things I noticed when attending a KH is how the person on the platform always resorted to slandering other religions during his talk. It reminds me so much of a party political broadcast just before an election. As soon as the candidate starts slandering the opposing party I just switch off.

I am not interested in what everyone else is doing wrong I want to know what they are going to that's right. The same applies to JWs except in my mind they are worse since they say they are Christians and yet clearly try and take the speck out of someone else's eye when they have a plank in their own. Completely against bible teachings! How can they justify this?

I notice in a thread in which TheMadJW comments he says something yes we have made mistakes etc. etc. but he cannot resist adding "like the churches do". However, I might add that though churches teach about Armageddon they do not give out false dates.

In our KH one Sunday the chap on the platform starting preaching about Catholic priests abusing children and that they are simply moved to a new area! I nearly fell off my seat as whilst that may be true we on this site all know that is exactly what JWs do. Amazing that he had the audacity to say that at all quite frankly after the JW's history on the subject.

Everyone would have so much more respect for JWs if they were seen to be dealing with paedophiles in a fair and just manner rather than just covering it all up.

Need I go on?

LI

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What ever problems there are in the WBT$..

It`s the Goddam Catholics fault!!..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What ever problems there are in the WBT$..

It`s the Goddam Catholics fault!!..

That's not true, outlaw. Some of the time it's the fault of the members for racing ahead of Jehovah's chariot and believing what the WT says.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Oh my Outlaw,

do you think the WTS will blame their pedophile problem on the catholics?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That's not true, outlaw. Some of the time it's the fault of the members
    for racing ahead of Jehovah's chariot and believing what the WT says......Notverylikely

Ahead of Jehovah`s Chariot..

-ugly car pictures

Is where all the Catholics hang out..

Pope Style

........................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh my Outlaw,

do you think the WTS will blame their pedophile problem on the catholics?.....WasBlind

Anytime I`ve brought up the WBT$ Pedophile Problem to a JW..

They start talking about the Catholics..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hahahahaha,

Outlaw i'm so glad you're back, laughing is good food for the soul

• Essan
    Essan

Really, all professed Christians are part of one 'religion' - Christianity. They are just in different denominations, meaning they're all supposed to be Christians even if they use different names.

That being so, when we speak of JW's harshly slandering other Christian denominations, judging and declaring them worthy of death and insisting that this fate awaits them at God's had, despite the fact that they were warned not to judge, then I think we're really identifying the behaviour discussed in Matthew 24:48-51:

"But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' and he then begins to beat his fellow servants... The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Watchtower Society, "False Prophet", "Evil Slave". Wow, they really don't have much going for them do they?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

When it comes to “slandering,” you may want to point to something official, not something you say you heard.

• Essan
    Essan

Alice, they don't need to point to something official because the audience here were JW's. We KNOW full well that the Society habitually slanders other Christian denominations. We don't need it proven to us because we observed it first hand for years, decades.

That you are too dishonest to acknowledge it is your own problem. There is no point trying to prove this to you because presenting undeniable facts to you is a complete waste of time, as all here know. You don't care about truth. You care about protecting your father figure from the exposure and consequences of it's sins, no matter what lies you have to accept or tell to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit